Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've got a new Cayman with ventilated (perforated) seats. What should I be planning for maintenance/conditioning? (Which product and how often?) What about cleaning, when the time comes? (I've Never had ventilated seats before - or a Porsche for that matter. :p )

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
I've got a new Cayman with ventilated (perforated) seats. What should I be planning for maintenance/conditioning? (Which product and how often?) What about cleaning, when the time comes? (I've Never had ventilated seats before - or a Porsche for that matter. :p )
here is the perfect kit, take a look.

Leather Master Plus Kit
you want to rub the product on the mf applicator pads then wipe then buff off excess all three steps.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #463 (Edited)
Detailer's Domain's Mystery Box is back and won't last long.

Get $39.99 + worth of products for $29.99!
Limited time offer this will expire on 2/10/2016 Mid EST.

A handful of Mystery Boxes will receive $350 + worth of product! Here's your chance to get something you may have never thought of buying before.

When you receive the mystery box hashtag #DDMysteryBox and post it up on Facebook and Instagram!

You can also post your box on Detailing Bliss.

Free shipping as always over $99.00 and NEW - Flat Rate Shipping of $5.99.

Enjoy and good luck with your Mystery Box!

Philip Yiu
Detailer's Domain

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Phil

i bought a snow canon and have been using Gyeon, which suds nicely. I find that after rinsing, a lot of dirt remains. Should I go straight to the 2 bucket wash and not rinse instead?

many thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Phil, I need to do a post Chicago winter detail. Car is white with xpel on the whole thing. Lots of little specks of rust that needs to be cleaned off.

What would you recommend I order from your site to quickly and easily detail the car to clean that off. I have a buffer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Phil,
Soon I will be taking delivery of a new 2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder and the dealer (Pfaff Porsche) is trying to sell me on an interior leather protection package. I have no idea as to the cost but I can imagine it is not cheap! Any reason I should even consider it?
Your input and advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
626 Posts
Another spyder question.

Im looking at some protection from debris on the new ride. What's your experience with multiple layers of ple22 ? Will it help?
thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently had XPEL Ultimate installed on my car by a reputable shop in the SF Bay Area. Full front, and I also got the impact area behind the rear wheels covered. I'm not entirely happy with the install and these guys do charge a premium for better service. They did a good job wrapping the edges, but I'm noticing a lot of orange peel and quite a few stretch marks in the clear bra after 3 weeks. I'm going to have them redo the front lip because some kind of gunk spot got trapped underneath the bra when they applied it. They expressed a willingness to redo the hood if needed, so I'm sure they'll work with me.

I'm just wondering if these defects are unavoidable, or if it's worth having the bra redone. One particular issue is stretch marks near the body curves under my headlights. The installer said he did his best to minimize them, but he believes that because of the shape, it's impossible to avoid some issues in that area.

First attachment shows stretch marks, second tries to show orange peel in hood. The third is the same reflection on my roof which does not have clear bra. Orange peel is much easier to see in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Have you let it sit in the sun to allow its self healing property work? Also, did xpel promise no orange peel?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have you let it sit in the sun to allow its self healing property work? Also, did xpel promise no orange peel?
Yes, and yes. The car is a DD and sits in the sun 5 days per week. I'm just wondering if it is expected that there really is zero orange peel in the bra, and what other installers' experience is with stretch marks before I go asking for them to redo it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #472

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Phil,

I just ordered the Leather Master Kit for the seats and door arm-rests in my 2009 Boxster S. I have a question: Is that the appropriate care regimen for the leather-covered steering wheel? (Or, should I use something different?)

Also, what's your recommended cleaner/protectant for the remainder of the interior? I prefer a matte (non-shiny) look. Can I use one product, or should I use a separate cleaner and protectant?

Also, what is a good multi-purpose "wax"? (On my other cars, I have used the orange-can "Nu-Finish" from Walmart. I expect that there is probably a better choice for my boxster. Also, I have a clear bra (I don't know the origin/manufacturer) on the front. Can/should I wax it like paint, or avoid applying the "wax"?

Note: As for the wax: I'm looking for an "easy" product. At this instant, i'm not interested in the multi-step approach that some may desire. (I'd rather spend more time driving rather than "shining" my porsche! :)

Thanks for your help,
Eric

PS: I just ordered the Nanolex Convertible Top Sealant. Any suggestions/comments about it's use?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Philip, i recently bought a 2015 Cayman from a Porsche dealer. It was nicely detailed when i picked it up, but I quickly noticed a smell in the interior. It smells like Fabreeze to me. I have parked the car in the garage with the windows down about 6" but the smell remains. Not really a bad smell, but i'd rather the interior didn't smell like a cleaning product.

Is there a way to remove the smell of this cleaning product?

Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Phil,

My wife's Lexus RX has perforated seats and my daughter vomited in the car. I cleaned up most of the mess, but some of the tiny holes in the seat have some stuff left over and I cannot fully take it out. Is there a tool or cleaning product I can use?

Thanks in advance,
Sal

461 - 477 of 477 Posts