Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok in order to keep things organized, I'll be the "taskmaster" if no one objects. :)

To get started, since some aren't sure what they should be doing, I've decided to select our existing Options section. Each member of the team will choose a couple of options to work on, please reply to this topic thread and add your name next to the items on the list you want to update. For example:

Adaptive Sport Seats [P01] - DONE - K-Man S
Automatic Climate Control (ACC) [573] - DONE - K-Man S
BiXenon Headlights [P74] - DONE -K-Man S
Bose Surround Sound System [680] DONE - K-Man S for EngNR1 :)
Colored Gauge Faces [XF*] DONE - K-Man S
Deviated Stitching DONE - K-Man S
Exterior Color Options to do Daremoshiranai
Fire Extinguisher [509] DONE - Nitro
Full Leather Interior [AT / DF / FE / JX / TG] DONE - K-Man S
Interior Color Codes to do Daremoshiranai
Leather Sport Seats - [P77] DONE K-Man S
Park Assist [635] Done by K-Man S for - Jaica
PASM - Porsche Active Suspension Management [475] DONE - K-Man S
PCCB - Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes [450] DONE - K-Man S
PCM 2.1 - Porsche Communications Management [P16] Done (with some help from K-Man S - EngNR1
PCM 3.0 - Porsche Communications Management [P16] Done EngNR1
Power Seats [P15] Done - K-Man S
PSE - Porsche Sports Exhaust [XLF] Done - K-Man S
Seat Belts in Deviated Color [XS*] DONE by K-Mans S FOR - Jaica
Sport Exhaust Tip [XLA] DONE - EngNR1
Sport Shifter [XCZ] DOne by contestant
Sports Chrono / Sports Chrono Plus [639/640] DONE - Nitro
Steering Wheel Options [431-460 & XPA] Done- K-Man S
Tiptronic Automatic Transmission [249] DONE - Nitro
TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System [482] DONE- Nitro
Wheel Options DONE - EngNR1

I've already done the first one, and i've chosen the next two to do next. PLease put your name next to the items you want to do. Then after selecting them take a look at the HTML template I posted in a separate topic, you will need this to refer to in how to update the existing HTML. Once you've done that then let me know to send you the existing HTML for the existing options entries you've chosen, you'll use that as the starting point then convert it to the new template format.

At a minimum all entries need the following:

1) any instances of planet-9.com replaced with planet-9.com to insure that all links, pics, etc. won't break and can be found.

2) check the 2010 order guide to verify pricing is sitll correct as well as option code(s). For example the Bi-Xenons that I did went from option code P74 to P75 so I included both and the difference is that P74 did not have the lights that turn and P75 does, so some may be the same and just need verified, others may have a changed price and/or option code.

3) Search the forums since the article was last updated for any good topic threads on point, I've added at least 1 or 2 to each FAQ update I've done so far, basically you want a topic thread that you think will be of interest or is directly on point with that option or FAQ item.

4) Search the ARticles for an article about that option or perhaps replacing it with an aftmarket option, etc, again see the ones I've done already for some examples.

5) All photos need to be moved to the Gallery section for FAQ photos, and/or new photos added to be depict the item, or depict a 2009+ plus version. Typically I just download the existing photos then re-upload them to the correct gallery and then change the photo link to that updated location. I've also shot a few new photos and put those up as well. Many of the existing photos point to Gator Bite's personal directory and we don't want that, some of them may be copyrighted Porsche marketing photos that we want to try and minimize or eliminate the use of so as not to cause any friction with Porsche.

Make sense?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Lets give this a try

Adaptive Sport Seats [P01] - DONE - K-Man S
Automatic Climate Control (ACC) [573] - TO DO - K-Man S
BiXenon Headlights [P74] - TO DO -K-Man S
Bose Surround Sound System [680]
Colored Gauge Faces [XF*]
Deviated Stitching
Exterior Color Options
Fire Extinguisher [509]
Full Leather Interior [AT / DF / FE / JX / TG]
Interior Color Codes
Leather Sport Seats - [P77]
Park Assist [635] - TO Do - Jaica
PASM - Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management [475]
PCCB - Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes [450]
PCM - Porsche Communications Management [P16]
Power Seats [P15]
PSE - Porsche Sports Exhaust [XLF]
Seat Belts in Deviated Color [XS*] To Do - Jaica
Sport Exhaust Tip [XLA]
Sport Shifter [XCZ] To Do - Jaica
Sports Chrono / Sports Chrono Plus [639/640]
Steering Wheel Options [431-460 & XPA]
Tiptronic Automatic Transmission [249]
TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System [482]
Wheel Options

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will get you the existing HTML for each of those items, watch your email!

Don't forget you need to download the photos for each of those 3 items and then upload them to our gallery in the FAQ photos area and use the new links for the updated FAQ, along with any new photos you have for the items in question.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
996 Posts
Put my name next to four items to do:

Bose Surround Sound System [680] - ENGNR1
PCM - Porsche Communications Management [P16] - ENGNR1
Sport Exhaust Tip [XLA] - ENGNR1
Wheel Options - ENGNR1

Will need the existing HTML's for these.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Wheel Options - ENGNR1

Thanks!
Ok I will get those out to you this evening.

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Wheel Options - ENGNR1

Thanks!
Ok I just sent these apologies for the delay was tied up with other things this evening.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Exterior Color Options Can help with my own color (AS) if Jaica wants: Nitro
Fire Extinguisher [509] TODO: Nitro
Full Leather Interior [AT / DF / FE / JX / TG] TODO: Nitro
Interior Color Codes Can help with terracotta pix: Nitro
Sport Exhaust Tip [XLA] Can provide pix of the Boxster dual ovals if engr1 wants: Nitro
Sports Chrono / Sports Chrono Plus [639/640] TODO: Nitro
Steering Wheel Options [431-460 & XPA] Can help with standard multifunction wheel: Nitro
Tiptronic Automatic Transmission [249] TODO: Nitro
Wheel Options Can help with SportDesigns if engr1 wants: Nitro

If I may, I have a suggestion, I think the blue background of the pictures in the FAQ items is too "off", maybe a lighter blue?!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sorry for the double post but this felt like it needed its own post.
I've been reviewing the FAQ items (mostly those I selected) and I hardly see that they are out-dated or anything, maybe a minor addition here or there but otherwise, why would these be rewritten?

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the double post but this felt like it needed its own post.
I've been reviewing the FAQ items (mostly those I selected) and I hardly see that they are out-dated or anything, maybe a minor addition here or there but otherwise, why would these be rewritten?
I'll get you the HTML for the ones you selected in your prior post, as far as why we are redoing them it is to freshen them up, add in the new info and make them more efficient visually.

True some entries will need very little work, but at a minimum all entries need the following:

1) any instances of caymanclub.net replaced with planet-9.com to insure that all links, pics, etc. won't break and can be found.

2) check the 2010 order guide to verify pricing is sitll correct as well as option code(s). For example the Bi-Xenons that I did went from option code P74 to P75 so I included both and the difference is that P74 did not have the lights that turn and P75 does, so some may be the same and just need verified, others may have a changed price and/or option code.

3) Search the forums since the article was last updated for any good topic threads on point, I've added at least 1 or 2 to each FAQ update I've done so far, basically you want a topic thread that you think will be of interest or is directly on point with that option or FAQ item.

4) Search the ARticles for an article about that option or perhaps replacing it with an aftmarket option, etc, again see the ones I've done already for some examples.

5) All photos need to be moved to the Gallery section for FAQ photos, and/or new photos added to be depict the item, or depict a 2009+ plus version. Typically I just download the existing photos then re-upload them to the correct gallery and then change the photo link to that updated location. I've also shot a few new photos and put those up as well. Many of the existing photos point to Gator Bite's personal directory and we don't want that, some of them may be copyrighted Porsche marketing photos that we want to try and minimize or eliminate the use of so as not to cause any friction with Porsche.

So there's at least 5 good items right there in every case that need to be done to the existing FAQ items and of course there are new items we need as well! :)

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sport Exhaust Tip [XLA] Can provide pix of the Boxster dual ovals if engr1 wants: Nitro
Steering Wheel Options [431-460 & XPA] Can help with standard multifunction wheel: Nitro

If I may, I have a suggestion, I think the blue background of the pictures in the FAQ items is too "off", maybe a lighter blue?!
OK I will get you the HTML for the TO DO items in the list above and then you can send your other stuff the person in charge of the other items on the list if they need assistance with those items.

As for the blue color it is taken directly from the blue area above the Planet 9 logo here and above the car at the top right, but it others object as well maybe we can find a different shade but would need to do so before too many items get done or else it makes it a pain to change. I wanted something that was dark so it was a background that the photos would pop out from.

I also just sent you the 4 items you chose in email (the HTML)

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
996 Posts
Nitro - if you can provide some close-up pix, much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've updated the master list in the first post in the topic and put those 5 minimum items up there as well to help keep things organized.
Got that Thanks. Will start with these 5 and see what can be added.

Just a final clarification question, do we review the old item and update or do we re-write it from scratch making sure the original info is included?

Nitro - if you can provide some close-up pix, much appreciated!
I'd be glad to, do you need pix of the tip or the wheels or both?

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got that Thanks. Will start with these 5 and see what can be added.

Just a final clarification question, do we review the old item and update or do we re-write it from scratch making sure the original info is included?

I'd be glad to, do you need pix of the tip or the wheels or both?
Old items usually require just an update, updating the links, photos, etc. discussed in the 5 points above, and placed into the new formatting, how much of an update depends on how much has changed of course. If something that was written previously is still accurate then leave it, if it isn't, then please change/update it. Does that help?

·
Administrator
34,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can take the following:

Exterior Color Options
Interior Color Codes
Ok I will get you those existing HTML files shortly! THanks! (BTW both of these will have new colors that aren't in the FAQ so you may need to ask our members for color examples for both interior and exteriors - some will be in the gallery)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts