Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these wheels local that will fit my CS.

BBS SR which can fit with or without my 7/15 spacers.

ATS Radial which will fit only if I keep my spacers on.

Both are not the lightest but I'm not looking to spend 4k on wheels and just want a new and more modern look.

Any feedback on these 2 brands? I'm familiar with BBS but not ATS and only know they are German as well.

Thanks and stay safe.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Found these wheels local that will fit my CS.

BBS SR which can fit with or without my 7/15 spacers.

View attachment 268571

ATS Radial which will fit only if I keep my spacers on.

View attachment 268572

Both are not the lightest but I'm not looking to spend 4k on wheels and just want a new and more modern look.

Any feedback on these 2 brands? I'm familiar with BBS but not ATS and only know they are German as well.

Thanks and stay safe.
The BBS are beautiful. I'd go with them if the price is comparable.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, looks wise Im inclined towards the BBS. Its also the lighter of the 2. Price wise however, that ATS is better which is kinda weird as in some other parts of the world, the ATM Radial is more pricey than the BBS SR.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting this! Looks damn good. Is yours the Satin Himalayan Grey or the painted anthracite? Looks really good!!!!

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Why not some Titan 7s or Apex wheels? They both have much better offsets so no spacers needed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Joshua. The Titan looks great but I won't want to spend $2000 per wheel.

Apex looks great too but I suspect still a bit more than the BBS SR. If there is some P9 deal for members, please do shoot me a quote via PM and we'll see where it goes.

·
Vendor
439 Posts
That's the price for a whole set of Titans. :)

The Apex prices are per wheel and you end up around $1600 a set for those.

Thanks Joshua. The Titan looks great but I won't want to spend $2000 per wheel.

Apex looks great too but I suspect still a bit more than the BBS SR. If there is some P9 deal for members, please do shoot me a quote via PM and we'll see where it goes.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yep, Titan 7 TS-5's are 9 in wide in f and 10 in wide in the rear, $2080/set of 4 specifically for the Cayman. Their listed wt is 17.1 lbs f and 18.9 lbs. r. They are Forged monoblock alu, c&c machined to exacting specs as noted in the wt. Offset is 46 f and 35 r. They are more $ than the BBS flow technology, but much stronger and lighter. The rigid spokes are thin, strong and beautiful, making wheel cleaning a easy task. Each wheel has bead seat knurling to assist wheel/tire contact. Tires are Hoosier slicks.

Or, Signature SV-104's in powder coated Black Chrome monoblock Forged C&C machined to my specs but more money. Wt is 18.1 f and 19.3 r, 9 in f and 10 in r.

DSC_0056.JPG

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in a bit of a pickle now... dealer just called.

BBS SR will need to be on an indent basis which obviously takes a while to come in given the covid situation. That's ok. But the BBS also costs 30% more than the ATS which are also readily available.

Looks wise I do refer the SR though... and its interesting that most online places sell the BBS for less than the ATS.. I've asked the dealer to re-check.... Happy problem..

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
You should not put ATS in with BBS
It's like comparing diamonds to rhinestones
Wait for BBS or go with something else; OZ, Forged One or Flow One, I don't know the Titan 7 TS-5 or Apex but they good. They are all less than BBS too.
I just got Flow One F4's $1342

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should not put ATS in with BBS
It's like comparing diamonds to rhinestones
Wait for BBS or go with something else; OZ, Forged One or Flow One, I don't know the Titan 7 TS-5 or Apex but they good. They are all less than BBS too.
I just got Flow One F4's $1342
You're saying ATS is NOT as good as BBS or vice versa?

Also, when you say Titan or Apex are less than BBS SR, you mean cost? Not so for me. I would love the Titans but they will cost much more than the SR including shipping from Germany.

The Flow one Race Spec looks really good,

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I would wait for the BBS. I know looks are subjective and that's why two of my P cars have been yellow and others may hate it, but something about that ATS image on the car reminds me of a factory alloy wheel on a Honda, or just about any "normal" car or truck straight from the dealership lot. It looks ok but its just not very exciting or exotic otherwise. Again just my 2 Cents and you are being overcharged for my opinion at that rate :) (y)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would wait for the BBS. I know looks are subjective and that's why two of my P cars have been yellow and others may hate it, but something about that ATS image on the car reminds me of a factory alloy wheel on a Honda, or just about any "normal" car or truck straight from the dealership lot. It looks ok but its just not very exciting or exotic otherwise. Again just my 2 Cents and you are being overcharged for my opinion at that rate :) (y)
Lol. Your views always welcomed.

I've decided to go with the BBS. No point saving a few hundred bucks as it'll continue to weigh on my mind that I should have gone with the BBS which I do like a lot more.

Oh... my BIL had a yellow turbo years ago as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If financially possible get what you want. Like my friend told me when I told him the Spyder was more than the S he said "you spend a long time in the dirt"...

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
To me BBS one of the best; ATS junk that I wouldn't consider buying.
Based on post above Titian's are $2080 that's 400 less than TireRack's BBS $2500 prices. Apex are $1300-1500 a set or half BBS cost.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts