Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there. My car was hibernating for the last 6 months because of the long winter... It was connected to an intelligent battery charger and started like a new car. No hesitation.

Now I have that annoying problem. I don't know if anybody got this but the audio system keeps turning itself off and then back on, on a 2-3 min loop. What could it be ?? I have the Bose PCM base system.
I hear clicking mechanical noises from the radio, then the display fades and it reboots....

·
Registered
846 Posts
When mine started doing this it had to be replaced. Now when I am going to not use the car for a long period of time I turn the PCM off completely with a long press of the volume knob.

If it happens again I’m going to replace it with an aftermarket unit. There are (now) good instructions on this board for how to do that.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had this happen a few months ago. The PCM power-cycled itself several times. It happened several times over the course of a week. I pulled the fuse for the PCM, waited about 30-seconds and put it back in. I had to do this twice, then it seemed to resolve itself. I haven't had an issue in the past month or so (knock on wood).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you please share with me where you found those instructions for headunit replacement? My searching isnt going so well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally decided to put an aftermarket. Dont want to spend 4000$ on a oem PCM that can blow any time... Bought the NTV Kit835 from Suncoast and a nice Android radio. Now need to tweek it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts