Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Central Texas is hosting it's first TREFFEN!! Mark Treffen Hill Country on your calendars (March 29 – April 2) as a must-attend event in central Texas this spring. Dine, drive, and explore the beautiful hills west of Austin with fellow PCA members, guided by the local Region.

If you have never driven the Texas Hill Country, then you are in for a treat!

Registration opens on January 4th

Treffen North America

·
Registered
237 Posts
My wife and I plan to attend, but I'm curious why the hotel is on the SE side of Austin and not the W side closer to all the drives.

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i know, when the "bid" was put out for an event hotel, only two hotels responded. The people at the Lost Pines resort went above and beyond to show PCA that they wanted the host this TREFFEN. The other facility acted like they didn't really care.

Sure, it would be nice if it was closer to the Hill Country, but the Lost Pines Resort is VERY very nice. We have some great drives planned and us local PCA's will try to make sure EVERYBODY has a great time.

https://lostpines.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/activities.html

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Central Texas is hosting it's first TREFFEN!! Mark Treffen Hill Country on your calendars (March 29 – April 2) as a must-attend event in central Texas this spring. Dine, drive, and explore the beautiful hills west of Austin with fellow PCA members, guided by the local Region.

If you have never driven the Texas Hill Country, then you are in for a treat!

Registration opens on January 4th

Treffen North America
We were seriously considering this event, we had a blast at the Lake Tahoe Treffen, but then I plotted the shortest route on Google Maps...! 37 hours driving time and 2300 miles kind of take the fun out of getting there! :eek:

We would be on the road for at least 4 days in each directions, don't think it is going to happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we would love to have you if you change your minds!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cost for the event is $395 per person, and includes: Breakfast at the hotel Thursday, Friday and Saturday; Evening events: (which at the last Treffen included a drink ticket or two for each) Wednesday night is a Reception at the hotel with heavy hors d'oeuvres; Thursday afternoon is a car show at COTA, followed by a reception AND parade laps on the track; Friday evening is TBD but will most likely be a food event somewhere downtown; and Saturday night is the big BBQ dinner and party at the hotel. Your registration also includes a Treffen Hill Country Polo, an insulated water bottle with the logo, and other Treffen souvenirs.

On Thursday and Saturday (daytime) there will be various tours that have been created by our great Driving Tour team. If you want to participate, there is a nominal fee that covers your lunch during the drive. These should be selected and paid for when you register.

On Friday, there are assorted activities for the Navigator's Day Off. If you want to attend, then you will select and pay the fee for that activity when you register.

If you are interested in staying at the host hotel for the event, you will be able to access a link once you have registered. The hotel is $235.00 (I think) a night.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok folks!!! Less than one week until Hill Country Treffen!!! All planning has moved into high gear and we are ready for you to come to Austin!!! We have great drives and fun activities planned and don't forget we are also going to be out at COTA!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is 2 fees. I don't think that's fair, but I don't make the rules. My post above explains things better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts