Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Australian car performance mag "Motor" just released the results of it's performance car of the year, 2009.

The top five were as follows:

Equal First: Audi R8 V10, Nissan GT-R (or course)
3. Cayman S
4. Jag XKR
5. BMW M3 sedan.

The lap times were as follows: GT-R: 1.44.2, R8: 1.45.7, XKR: 1.50.1, Cayman S: 1.50.3, M3: 1.52.0.

What was interesting was the Cayman was pretty basic, it did have 19's and PASM, but no LSD, SC, or PDK. It would have been interesting to see the difference in lap times, 0-100 Km/h and 0-400m (quarter mile) which were a number of the factors in considering final position, if the Cayman S had a few more performance options.

However a great result against some fine cars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too shabby - though I'm curious how they arrived at that selection of cars (was there a 911 model farther down on the list?).
I wondered the same. Basically cars must have been available in Australia before November 1, be first released in 2009 (in Austalia), be significantly different than the previous model and the clincher, be available to test, ie the car company will release a testable car.

So no, there was no other porsche in this test. So a few noteable cars missing would be: Audi TT RS, GT3, Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni, Lotus Evora, Ferrari California and i'm sure a few others.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I did a 1.49.2 at a recent Porsche track day at Eastern Creek - Wonder how my PDK R compares to a professional racing driver in that manual S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts