Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change my 987.1's auto door locking without taking it to the dealership? I do not have Sports Chrono, and it's currently set up as Type 4 (see below) and would ideally like to switch it to Type 3.

Also, which other things can be changed? I'd like it to honk when locking/unlocking. Even better if it honks once for locking, twice for unlocking. (It currently honks once for locking, but only if the trunk or frunk are opened).

Automatic door locking

Your authorized Porsche dealer can program
diverse types of automatic door locking in the
control unit of the central locking system.

Type 1

Doors lock automatically when the ignition is
switched on.

Type 2

Doors lock automatically when a speed of 3 -
6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.

Type 3

Doors lock automatically when the ignition is
switched on. If doors are opened with the engine
running, they lock again automatically when a
speed of 3 - 6 mph (5 - 10 km/h) is exceeded.

Type 4

The doors do not lock automatically.

Note

Automatically locked doors can be unlocked with
the central locking button or opened by pulling on
the inside door handle twice.

On vehicles with the Sport Chrono Package Plus,
the PCM can be used to activate automatic door
locking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a couple of options.

1. You can get a Durametric cable and program the auto lock behavior at home. You can code a bunch of other stuff too. I wasn't able to code the beep when locking the doors though. (Diagnostic Tool for Porsche | Durametric)
From looking at their website, it seems like I'd need the "professional" kit to do this, is this correct?

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
20 Posts
I have the Foxwell NT510 Elite (programmed for Porsche). I spent some time with it this morning in my 2007 Boxster S and was able to find auto-lock function here (I have asked the dealer to program this for me the last 2x my car was there and they never do so I decided to get a programmer and do it myself. The Foxwell NT510 was $179 on Amazon but I think they are running a special on their website right now for $125 - maybe this doesn't have the Porsche download?)

From the start menu.
1. Porsche
2. Smart VIN
3. PAS Control System
4. Coding
5. Key Settings (Key 1) there are 5 keys listed. I programmed both 1 and 2 as I am not sure what key I have. I supposed I should be able to find out.
6. Key 1 locking when speed > 5kmh

Default was inactive. Set to active with the pulldown screen.

I have found (for me at least) it's good to write down your steps and what you changed so if needed you can undo what you did. I have had to do that a few times.

Happy Driving!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've owned my 987-1 for 12 years now and have been told and read many times that there is no horn/beep option for car locking and unlocking. The lights blink twice for locking and once for unlocking. And that supposedly is the only option.

And if you hear a beep upon locking it means either the glove box, a door, the frunk lid or the hatch are not latched closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts