Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've followed every guide online
And followed the manuel as stated
Of how to use auto start stop function.

Sometimes when i got out in the morning i have a 36c degrees weather + A/C set to off completely, seat belt,

I attached some pic's shows my vehicle stats
Apprently the battery VOLTAGE is 13.8 to 14.0 maximum
Pic(1):
https://d.top4top.net/p_573ku8dh1.jpg
Pic(2):
https://c.top4top.net/p_573m39350.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday when it was 97F (36c). The high outside temperature seems to be preventing the auto start stop function.

If it is not possible to stop the engine automatically or it is not possible to restart the engine after the engine has been stopped automatically, the light indicator on the multifunction display lights up yellow when the vehicle is stationary.

Exceptional conditions for the Auto Start Stop function

The Auto Start Stop function is not available in the following cases, for example:
When SPORT/SPORT PLUS mode is activated
PSM off or PSM in SPORT mode
When maneuvering
When the "Maximum Cooling" function is activated
When the "Defrost windshield" function is activated
At high altitudes

The Auto Start Stop function is only available to a limited extent in the following cases, for example:
When the demands placed on the air conditioning or interior heating are high
When the battery state of charge is low
On inclines and downward gradients
During internal tests, e.g., automatic engine diagnostics
If the outside temperature or battery temperature is extremely high or low
In stop and go traffic with repeated short stop phases

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I NEVER use this "feature" because there's just too many scenarios when it doesn't work. If I could disable it and remove the button, I would. I guess I COULD turn it off and replace the switch with a blank, it could never be turned back on.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I NEVER use this "feature" because there's just too many scenarios when it doesn't work. If I could disable it and remove the button, I would. I guess I COULD turn it off and replace the switch with a blank, it could never be turned back on.
Auto Start Stop does not function when the Sport button is selected.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Auto Start Stop does not function when the Sport button is selected.
Um, yeah I know that. How is that relevant to my comment? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Mine hasn't work after I installed my AWE Sports exhaust or maybe that's when I noticed it stopped working, or maybe the voltage of my batter is running low. It is a 5 year old battery. I never used it and found it annoying so I don't care that it stopped working. My sports button is pressed 90% of the time so that automatically disabled it anyways.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mine hasn't work after I installed my AWE Sports exhaust or maybe that's when I noticed it stopped working, or maybe the voltage of my batter is running low. It is a 5 year old battery. I never used it and found it annoying so I don't care that it stopped working. My sports button is pressed 90% of the time so that automatically disabled it anyways.
Exactly. No big loss if it stops working. The sport button is the first thing I press after starting, enables PSE and disables SS button. Sometimes my wife wants the exhaust turned off but the SS stays off. I like that fact that they gave it a memory function so even if I don't press Sport, the SS is off.

Reactions: Ynot

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The car reportedly wasn't designed with S/S; it was just tacked-on to earn a minimalist improvement in MPG. And I assume the reason to surmise that is both the starter and battery are the same as 987.2s. For those ultra few that want to use that feature on a sports car, they should check that. In real life (battery not charged enough, using A/C, too cold, too hot, bumper-to-bumper traffic, etc), that crap just doesn't work. It's the same idiotic approach as the now infamous 'skip-shift' that GM puts on its manual V8s. Any fuel economy is probably counted in pennies, and you're only adding wear and tear on your starter, and running down your battery (unless you religiously charge it). But to each is own, of course. Besides, every time engine is started (with a throttle 'blip'), it's the equivalent of something like 15 seconds of the car idling (look it up if you're curious exactly how long), therefore making it worse to use S/S in short stops, like stop signs, etc. Bottom line is there're so many instances where it just doesn't kick in, it's basically useless anyway. But doubt there's anything wrong with it. Hope you didn't buy the car only for that gimmick;).

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The two times the adaptive memory of my car was cleared I lost Auto Start/Stop until the various control units had adapted back to some sense of normalcy. It took 500 to 1000 miles to relearn and for AS/S to work. It took 1500 miles both times for the engine, brakes (ABS) and PDK to get synchronized on braking.

The first time was when I had the ECU flashed to GTS firmware and had CELs for the IPD plenum on the 3.4L engine (before the 3.8L engine) and the second was after the car got funky after a messed up PIWIZ programming for in and out of 2 wheel dyno mode.

Separate problem, but I have also lost cruise control when the tires lost traction due to wet roads.

V6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.