Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

I own a Cayman GTS and am really annoyed about turning off every single time the Auto Stop/Start function. A friend of mine (with a Cayenne Turbo) supposedly turned it off automatically for good from the setting options but he is unable to remember how. Is that doable? if yes how?

I tried to search it on the forum before posting the above but couldn't find any helpful links. Tx for your help

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The Auto Start Stop defeat button remembers the last position after a restart.

You should not have to turn it off all the time. Take your car to the dealer and have it looked at.

Cheers

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Yep, unless the changed it for GTS (which doesn't make sense at all) - it's not functioning correctly. It should stay off.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My 2015 bs, the light is alway on, which means auto stop/ start function is off.

Only yesterday did I realize that the fuel consumption was measured with auto stop/start function. Nonsensical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Yep, unless the changed it for GTS (which doesn't make sense at all) - it's not functioning correctly. It should stay off.
Agreed. It's not different for the GTS. Stays off all the time, even when switching back and forth from sport & sport plus to normal. If mine is off, it stays off unless I press the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
As other said, press the button to disable it, and it'll stay disabled forever. First thing I did when I took delivery of my GTS.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Now only if that Sport button could stay ON forever...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys

Then something is wrong with mine as as soon as i turn off the car and turn it on it gets disabled. will check it at the dealership. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
59 Posts
When my 987.2 Cayman was in for repairs, I was given a new Panamera S as a loan car and this remembered the setting when the car was switched off and on again. However, my wife has just bought a Macan and hers does not remember this setting. I would think it unlikely that this is a fault and more likely that it is a change in behaviour on the newer models, although my experience is limited to only 2 cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When my 987.2 Cayman was in for repairs, I was given a new Panamera S as a loan car and this remembered the setting when the car was switched off and on again. However, my wife has just bought a Macan and hers does not remember this setting. I would think it unlikely that this is a fault and more likely that it is a change in behaviour on the newer models, although my experience is limited to only 2 cars.
I don't know about the Porsche system as I've not got mine............. yet (it should be with me by the end of this week)

However, the automatic activation of S/S, is a function that used to annoy me in my SLK when I first got it. But, in truth after a short while I just got used to pressing the little button from time to time.

No biggie really.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 2013 Cayman S doesn't remember the start/stop setting. Every time you turn the car off and restart it you have to select the button again. Similarly for PSE and SPORT/Sport Plus. It does however remember the setting for PASM?

·
Registered
302 Posts
It is my understanding that US, North American cars retain the settings but European cars don't.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Uh, just hit the sport button and it turns off.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Guys

Then something is wrong with mine as as soon as i turn off the car and turn it on it gets disabled. will check it at the dealership. Thanks for the feedback
Mine will not function when the engine is first started, but is operable after a mile or two. This seems to be by design.

Tom

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Is this stored in the key? I.e., you need to store the key results by pressing Set button and then three.

Pet peeve: When I park the car in my garage and am creeping up on a generator that is in front of the car, if you hit the brakes, the stupid engine stops. Then when you let off, it starts and jumps, nearly hitting the generator (any object) in front of the car. In this manner, it is dangerous and too sensitive to the brakes. Brakes need to be pushed for four or five seconds before auto start stop (almost used an acronym that might get me in trouble) activates.

Also, if you look at the bottom left corner of the TFT, when the conditions are not suitable for Auto Stop start to work (such as too much load on the battery), you will get the symbol with a slash though it to indicate that it will not work, even if the button is active.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine will not function when the engine is first started, but is operable after a mile or two. This seems to be by design.

Tom
It is. S/S operation is curtailed whilst the engine is warming up or for example, the load needed for the aircon needs the engine running. Plus a few other situations but you get the idea.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My friend was playing with it in my car the other day. We found out that the Auto Start/Stop won't work if you're in Sport+ mode. Which makes sense.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts