Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have also often wondered if the tire size selection in the TPMS has any affect on PSM. I run 245-275/35-19's on the street and 245-275/40/18's on the track. I usually pick the one that has the closest tire diameters (i.e. 20 in summers for my 19" street tires, and 19" summers for my 18" track tires).

I would love to have a discussion with the PSM design guy at Porsche. I have a lot of technical questions about exactly what it does under what conditions. I've learned some from practical experience, but the exact parameters would be great to know.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
If I am running a course where the PSM is reducing the car's responses. I will turn it off and adjust my driving without it.
It usually takes 2 runs to control the run better yourself without big brother PSM helping or is it hurting your run.

In your case since your course has a problem I would turn it off for all runs. You will be faster the longer you run without it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I am running a course where the PSM is reducing the car's responses. I will turn it off and adjust my driving without it.
It usually takes 2 runs to control the run better yourself without big brother PSM helping or is it hurting your run.

In your case since your course has a problem I would turn it off for all runs. You will be faster the longer you run without it.
So in this case, the suspension would be full sports mode and pretty stiff if I can recall?

That would make riding the kerbs pretty harsh then, and exiting corners at the limit a bit more, snappy?

It's a noob question.... just piecing together information that I've read so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts