Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i tried installing this MOST adapter in place of my cd changer and it didnt work. Radio powered on but seemingly the buttons didnt respond or there was a delay when switching sources and no audio from any source.

What i did was pulled the orange wires from the cd changer into this device and powered it up via a 12 volt power supply (just a temporary hookup to verify it works).

So left the other harness still connected to the cd changer (not the orange optical wires) i was thinking that the radio would think its playing a cd (cds in the cartridge) but the audio would be hijacked from this device.

Any ideas why this shouldn't work? When i disconnected the MPOC-1 box and put the orange wires back into the cd changer the radio functioned normally again but no audio until i turned off the key and then on again (maybe a few times) i think it was doing its testing sequence.

Ill test it by taking the source from the CDR-24 head unit next (i think thats this devices intended purpose) but still wondering if the cd changer hijack is viable...

·
Registered
224 Posts
This box is intended to emulate the stereo so that you can run an aftermarket head unit with the factory amp. It does not emulate the CD changer like some of the NAV-TV devices from a decade ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay that makes sense, thanks. ultimately i will be swapping out the head unit but i wanted a temp aux in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There's an OPI-P for sale on eBay that would work the way you're expecting.

Could probably sell it when you upgrade and get most of your money back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm using this cigarette lighter plugged FM transmitter that connects to my phone bia bluetooth as a temporary solution until I figure out what I want to do with my head unit (with Bose). It works pretty good, even for phone calls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. i am currently using a FM transmitter similar to your Hokie, Ultimately im going to put in a touchscreen so ill keep what i have and just disconnect the cdr-24 but hook up the existing most adapter with a line in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. i am currently using a FM transmitter similar to your Hokie, Ultimately im going to put in a touchscreen so ill keep what i have and just disconnect the cdr-24 but hook up the existing most adapter with a line in.
Cool, just wanted to throw the plug I'm using out there because people have commented that these things don't work, and I'm having fairly good luck with mine. Sounds like you have the same plan as I do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There's an OPI-P for sale on eBay that would work the way you're expecting.

Could probably sell it when you upgrade and get most of your money back.
I'll pass this to my neighbor and see if this is the one he's looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did manage to disconnect my head unit and put the MOST adapter in and it works as expected. no engine whine through the speakers. Works properly. I think think this may be the cheapest direct AUX input (not including an FM transmitter) the audio sounds clear and loud. Im bypassing the preamp so my phone is direct to the amp. Also i added a BT adapter to the line to be wire free. Unfortunately since that is prior to the volume control it blast a funny asian voice saying "BLUETOOTH CONNECTED, HAVE A NICE DAY" again this is temporary until i put in a touchscreen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts