Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some idiot decided to come into my lane today. I was watching his tires and comparing the distance to the line when I realized it was about to get real. Slammed those brakes and got to see, for the first time, how great this car can stop! Narrowly and I mean narrowly avoided a super crappy situation! Of course the driver took off like a bat out of hell and the cars behind me all gave me the finger via honking, but darn am I glad I was in the Boxster S today! Came to a near complete stop like a champ!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Glad to hear everything was avoided. I had a similar situation on Wednesday. I was driving on a road with two lanes in both directions. I was in the far right lane and had a green light, but a large car in the left lane decided to wave to the tractor trailer in the oncoming direction to make the turn across both lanes. The truck driver didn't see me due to the height of my car and the hills of the road. I slammed on the brakes and stopped almost instantly -- with tons of room. It made me glad I replaced my rear tires not so long ago!

Reactions: H man

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Keep one eye directed to your rear view mirror when stopping hard in your Porsche...

Reactions: H man

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I took a peak...Once I saw what was coming, and that the dudebro that nearly hit me had taken off, I nail the gas. Both stopping ability and take off are very nice!

Was definitely a terrifying moment...I was in the middle lane and the right lane was taken up by a sideler.

Was surprised to see people honking at me after that. I guess the people behind me were to wrapped up in their own texting to see WHY I had to do a super stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.