Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a squeak in the driver's B pillar and have seen several posts on the seat belt nut/screw there. But I have also seen 2 unanswered posts of how to remove the trim. Any suggests ??

·
Registered
256 Posts
I did mine a couple of years ago so this is from memory...just pull out the molding that makes the door seal. As I recall, its pretty clear from there and you can get it apart enough to see the nut. Mine was pretty lose and after I tightened it noise gone! The other option is to get a clear engine cover and you won't hear the noise:)

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
If you are talking about removing the plastic cap where the shoulder harness comes out, you just pull back the rubber molding along the door edge, work you fingers behind the trim, and just pull out away from the B-pillar - it just snaps in/out. The upper cap just snaps into the lower trim piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I got the trim piece off w/o breaking anything. The one bolt (15mm head) and the other 13mm nut on the adjustment ?? screw were both tight!! The trim piece is squeaking !! I lubed all the rubber, and it worked for awhile. There still has an intermittant squeak. But the biggest problem now is getting the rubber back into the window frame. Any clues there ??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey KP,

My squeak was 1st noticed when the window was up. I let my son drive because my left ear is bad, even though the noise is inches away. He rolled the window 1/2 way down, no squeak for awhile, then it returned. Rolled all the way down, no squeak for awhile again. That is when I leaned over and just touched the small rubber piece that separates the plastic trim from the b-pillar post. As long as my finger was there, no squeak.

The rubber is attached to the underside of the trim piece, where I di-electric/silicone greased it. Used a Q-tip soaked with Armour-All on all the trim tabs & possible touching points, both top & bottom side. There is a lot going on in there !! Good luck. My 'same' squeak now may just be another one from a dif source, can't tell like the original one.

Still no idea how to get the b-pillar vertical rubber back in that tiny little groove way in the post!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: B pillar squeak

Have 2010 CS with 900 miles, had it 1 month. Started hearing squeak from b pillar area. Worse with window down. But present with window up too. Heard after any bump in road. Read this thread. Only need to pry up plastic that belt comes out of. Use hands and fingers only. It comes straight up if you pull. Exposes large horizontal bolt for belt and vertical nut on b pillar. Initially posted that tightened one turn, squeak gone. Then 2 weeks later, squeak back, thought that I would loosen vertical nut and use locktite. Placed wrench on nut, did not turn--nut and post came loose, post broken. Now squeak is gone. Post is a 1" hollow unit with a hex wrench opening. Hex adjustment is to set quarter window at proper position. The squeak was from this post cracking before it was ever wrenched. Dealer fixed this on warranty. The broken hollow post is not a part that can be obtained by parts department. Needed to replace entire rear quarter window. Dealer had no problem with repair and appears same as new. No squeak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.