Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be on this site quite a bit back when I had a Cayman S - which I sold after child #2 (2 seater, eh !). It's been 5 years and I was surprised to see my ID is still good... So I'm back, after a long stint with less interesting people-movers. I was looking for a 997.2 but they seem to command a premium that IMO is not justified, so I scored a stripper 991 with a lot less miles for the same $ - no sunroof, 7MT, very very few options (sport mode is all I see), which is exactly what I wanted. I'm not one for the alphabet soup of P-options, more things to go wrong... I hear there's even a "SPASM" now which is what my back does when I lift my kid (goes into spasms).

Here's a couple pics of my new-to-me 2013 from Carmax of all places (13K miles only, $10K under dealer price, perfect ECU overrev codes) next to my not-so-new-to-me 72... And then I put a stripe on it to match grandma...

IMG_1895.JPG

striped as of last night:

IMG_2014.JPG

So intro over, I moved back from FL to nor-Cal, and I *need* a track day to stretch its legs - with or w/o instruction, no matter (can always use some but safe red group driver last I checked)... Who are the local clubs doing Sears, Thunderhill, Laguna ? (in order of distance from me) casually but safely ? Thanks !

Greg.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Congrats. It looks fantastic, and I really like the Porsche emblem on the side.

P.S. Somebody shrunk your pumpkins.

·
Registered
625 Posts
So intro over, I moved back from FL to nor-Cal, and I *need* a track day to stretch its legs - with or w/o instruction, no matter (can always use some but safe red group driver last I checked)... Who are the local clubs doing Sears, Thunderhill, Laguna ? (in order of distance from me) casually but safely ? Thanks !

Greg.
Congrats on the new car and the long-hood.

Try Golden Gate Region of PCA or Hooked on Driving.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dear Greg, HOD has two events at Thunderhill and Laguna Seca before the end of 2016 where you could participate with a coach until you are signed off to solo. They have two events at Sonoma but have no beginner/first timers sessions. I did the event at Thunderhill last Thursday with a Corvette group and Friday with the regular HOD group, both very well run. I have run with HOD at Thunderhill and Laguna Seca over the last few years and like their policy and procedures. PM me for more information, glad to answer your questions about these venues.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts