Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tint done and there seems to be an outline around the rear window and quarter panels. When you looking at the car from outside, you see this outlining of the tint. The fronts look fine but the rear & quarters have this little dots that are OEM. I think that is what is causing the outline on my tint. Should I redo my tint or just leave it???

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got my tint done and there seems to be an outline around the rear window and quarter panels. When you looking at the car from outside, you see this outlining of the tint. The fronts look fine but the rear & quarters have this little dots that are OEM. I think that is what is causing the outline on my tint. Should I redo my tint or just leave it???
The tint cannot adhere to the glass between the dots, thus leaving air. Some people I know have gone as far as painting over the dots with a fine strip of paint, then tint. Lots of work...

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I've heard of people sanding the dots down.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
You'll probably forget about it in a week.

I forgot all about mine for the last 2.5 years...until you reminded me today. Thanks a lot! Jerk! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just got my tint done today and saw the same thing. Not real happy about it to be honest. Figured I'd find a thread about it here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts