Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you post the VIN, we can do a check of the Options and maybe someone with a CARFAX can pull vehicle history.

It looks like a 986 around 2004 with TipTronic, 2005-2006 maybe with PDK.

Can you post the mileage, how long it's been sitting, does it run, is it blowing smoke, do you hear engine chatter, any warning lights on dash?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It's 986.1, pre 2003 (has a plastic rear window). looks like a base with Tip. I think the seats are not original to the car. Looks like the carpeting in the rear trunk is removed? There should be a label on the inside of the front trunk. It will have the option codes that you can look up.

As to value, mileage and condition are paramount. Looks a little rough in the photos. Does it run? Driver quality car is probably in the range of 8 to 12k. Non runner would be a lot less depending on the issues.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Likely around 1999-2000. 2001 they went to 3 spoke steering wheel. Seats look factory to me. Interior color and stitching looks like full leather but I have to say I don’t recall a two tone option so the black seats may have been added but do look factory. Wheels are a tip that it’s not 97-98. Looks like some significant damage on the door panels. Looks like a fun restore project. And yes, Tiptronic, not PDK.

Edit: actually the wheels are even newer than 2000 so my guess is they aren’t the wheels that came on it. The interior is definitely 2000 or older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
915 Posts
Your other thread is deleted. You cannot sell a car in the forums. Gollow the rules and post in Panjo.
Huh. I guessed I miss-read it. I thought he was looking for info on a car he just bought. I contributed to the delinquency of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,806 Posts
Huh. I guessed I miss-read it. I thought he was looking for info on a car he just bought. I contributed to the delinquency of this thread.
You are fine. This thread is fine. The OP created another thread attempting to sell in the forums, which must be done via Panjo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts