Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I had to laugh out loud when I read this title (after reading the other one). BTW, I can't believe that thread had such legs on it!

Seriously, no one is getting screwed. Most of these car designs are after specific niches. ALL of these cars are awesome and we should be glad to have the opportunity in our life times to enjoy them so much.

If buying a Cayman GTS or a base 911 is getting screwed then.....someone, please, please screw me some more because that screwing is just awesome! :hilarious:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I had to laugh out loud when I read this title (after reading the other one). BTW, I can't believe that thread had such legs on it!

Seriously, no one is getting screwed. Most of these car designs are after specific niches. ALL of these cars are awesome and we should be glad to have the opportunity in our life times to enjoy them so much.

If buying a Cayman GTS or a base 911 is getting screwed then.....someone, please, please screw me some more because that screwing is just awesome! :hilarious:
Couldn't have said that better. :D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
+++++1. Different strokes for different folks. No one got screwed, we all made a choice that was viable at the time. The 991 and 981 are not targeted at the same buyer. I, for one, would much prefer the GTS to the GT4, if I were in that market.

Reactions: 2slow2speed

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What is the next thread going to be if you bought any Porsche other than a Cayman GT4 RECENTLY you got screwed. Come on seriously the the GT4 is not the end all Porsche. The world is not going goto come to an end if you do not get one. I am sure it is going to be a great car but as others have said nobody got screwed with their purchase if it was not a GT4. Owning any Porsche is great experience and we should all be happy with the ability to be able to afford one and enjoy it. Porsche makes many variants because there are different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What is the next thread going to be if you bought any Porsche other than a Cayman GT4 RECENTLY you got screwed. Come on seriously the the GT4 is not the end all Porsche. The world is not going goto come to an end if you do not get one. I am sure it is going to be a great car but as others have said nobody got screwed with their purchase if it was not a GT4. Owning any Porsche is great experience and we should all be happy with the ability to be able to afford one and enjoy it. Porsche makes many variants because there are different strokes for different folks.
Man... that GT4 is the bee's knees! 918 buyers got screwed!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL - nice work. Bring some perspective back to the whole argument. We are talking about Porsches. What a hard life!.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Keep in mind that a 991 S will not be able to hang with the GT4 either.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Keep in mind that a 991 S will not be able to hang with the GT4 either.
How do you figure a Carrera S top end speed is 187 and with sports chrono in sport plus 0-60 in 3.9 compared to the GT4 top end speed at 183 with 4.2 0-60 and no PDK option or launch control. I know the HP is under rated on the GT4 but I am sure it is the same case on the Carrera S as well.

Reactions: H man

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
How do you figure a Carrera S top end speed is 187 and with sports chrono in sport plus 0-60 in 3.9 compared to the GT4 top end speed at 183 with 4.2 0-60 and no PDK option or launch control. I know the HP is under rated on the GT4 but I am sure it is the same case on the Carrera S as well.
Any comparisons should also compare the same model year and not against a model that is four years old coming out in 2011. If someone wants to compare a MY16 GT4 "times", being delivered in July, then compare it against the MY16 991S being delivered in July, not against a four year old chassis and engine. That makes little sense.

Different cars for different purposes. Check this out. 10 Exotic Cars the Porsche Cayman GT4 Beat Around the Nürburgring » AutoGuide.com News

Based upon this, anyone who bought a Caddy got screwed out too. Now I am upset because I was planning on getting one of the Caddys with the Vette engine :mad: along with Paganis, Lambo Murcielago, Ferrari 599 GTB, and not to mention the Ford GTs and Vipers. Comparisons between vehicles multiple years apart is a bit silly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
To be honest all 911 owners got screwed.
They pay the premium to Porsche R&D to improve Cayman/Boxsters while still dragging 911

Reactions: idivemike

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Any comparisons should also compare the same model year and not against a model that is four years old coming out in 2011. If someone wants to compare a MY16 GT4 "times", being delivered in July, then compare it against the MY16 991S being delivered in July, not against a four year old chassis and engine. That makes little sense.

Different cars for different purposes. Check this out. 10 Exotic Cars the Porsche Cayman GT4 Beat Around the Nürburgring » AutoGuide.com News

Based upon this, anyone who bought a Caddy got screwed out too. Now I am upset because I was planning on getting one of the Caddys with the Vette engine :mad: along with Paganis, Lambo Murcielago, Ferrari 599 GTB, and not to mention the Ford GTs and Vipers. Comparisons between vehicles multiple years apart is a bit silly.
The Ferraro 599 GTB here is sold at the price of a new Cayman S. I felt tempted but remembering the looks of the F12 and the fact that 599 GTB is not built with long years of reliability supported by long time warranty... I easily can say NO to it.

Sadly, some cars we can afford only when their beauty fades. Just like getting a chance with Kelly McGillis, Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood from Top Gun, only when she got old :(

1 - 20 of 102 Posts