1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
103 Posts
The previous owner might've just painted his stock calipers... doesn't look like they have the PORSCHE lettering on them

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Looks like base calipers to me, just painted, and a horrible paint job at that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's pointless to paint calipers to look like an s.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They are painted. Personally, I like my grey calipers. Red is supposed to suggest "sporty" but I always though it looked "ricer."

Btw, Porsche is nuts if they want 50k for that car.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it must be a paint job. Didn't even pick up on the fact that the PORSCE white lettering was missing from the calipers. I don't care much for when someone changes the car that way -- the black calipers look fine on a base model. My main question was whether the previous owner upgraded the brakes somehow.

Thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I figured it must be a paint job. Didn't even pick up on the fact that the PORSCE white lettering was missing from the calipers. I don't care much for when someone changes the car that way -- the black calipers look fine on a base model. My main question was whether the previous owner upgraded the brakes somehow.

Thanks for all the feedback
Frankly, I'd be MORE concerned if they actually said PORSCE on them. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Do not buy anything from Texas. After the flood, there are many flood damaged vehicles for sale.
Interesting, Texas, Cali, and Florida usually has the best prices when it comes to used cars. I don't buy any car unless it has a proper PPI. Not buy anything in Texas is a bit harsh but I get what you mean.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Personally I don't mind it, though that paint job is terrible. Proper way to do it would be to take it off the car and powdercoat them.

I don't think it's exactly rice and I do think it is an option that should be available to be chosen by the customer.

When you order a McClaren, you can pick the colour of your caliper. I know Porsches aren't in the same league, but I do think it's an option that should be available to be chosen. With the exception of Yellow since that is more tied to the PCCB.

But I actually don't mind the grey calipers with my satin mat rims. Plus if they were red with our brake dust, another item I would need to maintain and keep clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts