Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I could care less about Nav, but I am in the mental Danger Zone with my order locking. I finalized today with Base CDR and SSP. I am putting the money into top notch paint protection (shout out to Phil at Detailer's Domain).

I thank you all very much for the intervention! I love you, man!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Its a no brainer here (Australia) - the car comes with PCM standard.

I agree with the "you wont get your money back", but it could make it much easier to resell.

oh and "I could care less" - well then maybe you should try that and care a bit less
(why do people say when they mean the exact opposite "couldNT care less"?)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As far as I heard AC and Radio are not included with the car for weight purposes but can be added for no fee. So the SA isn't trying to make any money off the deal. Unless anything has changed that is what I read.
That's the GT3 (the 911).

·
Registered
199 Posts
At resale,
There will be those looking for CDR because:
1) wartless

There will be those looking for CDR+ without PCM because:
1) rear camera (OEM or aftermarket) are possible
2) phone Bluetooth audio integration is better than just Bluetooth phone integration
3) smartphone navigation is mostly better and more up to date (missing gyro based dead reckoning)

There will be those looking for PCM (in addition to CDR+):
1) for built in Navi convenience

The resale value is still based on supply and demand - the question is for the options above, which one will be most in demand. For me, it would be CDR+ with rear camera (though I'd rather not have the sat radio and wart).

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is a sports car. There are a lot of ppl that appreciate a more raw experience than you would think. If we were talking about a Lexus, this would be a totally different conversation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want the back up camera, but the wart is a no go for me. I can still get it without the wart, but will have to pay for the Navigation alone (over $2k). Then buy the camera. I think the wart really looks bad and it's right smack in the middle of the beautiful speedster humps. I am getting CDR (no cost), with bose. And I'll fit a in-dash nav unit with back up camera aftermarket. It will be more functional than OEM and cost about $1500 less. I'll keep all original equipment for resale.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Shoot me but my opinion is people who looks for a Spyder, new or used, careless about navigation system. They care more for that carbon fiber seats and performance options but then there won't be that many Spyders on the market to choose from so it's a mute point.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts