Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice you got this done! I wanted to and may still do it, but the nearest dyno from my house is annoyingly far... What is the correction factor for at the wheels HP 10 percent? Seems that would be spot on?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
IMO Dyno is a complete waste of money. Operator can make any outcome they want by adjusting it's setting.
I had dyno operator change outcome to show power loss because upgrades in car weren't done by them and they wanted to discredit the other firm.
Not all do it but they can. Also too much slippage with roller setup dyno's; you need direct bolt on to rear axles for truer result.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About 10-ish% with PDK. I may not get another one, but having this done was fun to do and might be interesting to see the gains associated with a suite of mods.

Eddie

Nice you got this done! I wanted to and may still do it, but the nearest dyno from my house is annoyingly far... What is the correction factor for at the wheels HP 10 percent? Seems that would be spot on?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Anybody remember "No Way Out" and the negative of the suspect (Kevin Costner and innocent of the woman's death) being developed as they use a computer to aid the development process? "If we had programmed this to come out a car instead of a monkey, you'd be looking at a hairy Buick."

Not for everyone for sure, but in my case, the shop (highly experienced with Porsches) had no incentive to be anything other then honest. And the numbers presented are in line with what one should expect for HP/TQ for my car.

Eddie

IMO Dyno is a complete waste of money. Operator can make any outcome they want by adjusting it's setting.
I had dyno operator change outcome to show power loss because upgrades in car weren't done by them and they wanted to discredit the other firm.
Not all do it but they can. Also too much slippage with roller setup dyno's; you need direct bolt on to rear axles for truer result.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Carnewal exhaust is in the garage just waiting to be installed in a few weeks. My emission test is in August and I might wait until after that is done just in case.

The only other mods I might consider are the IDP plenum, larger TB and tune if I were sure I would get ~20 HP/TQ gains while still maintaining the stock integrity (dependability and reliability) inherent in minimally modded cars. I'm thinking those are possible, but still not there for a comfort level. Since I'm also not there on a money level, I have some time to research these mods. :)

Eddie

thanks for sharing eddie!

keep having fun with the car - what mods do you have in mind? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts