Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just purchased and installed the Porsche battery charger/maintainer. I researched this site and as well others about the chargers as I don't drive my Boxster S everyday, only on the weekends and sometimes after being parked in the garage for almost two weeks. I have never got a charger because a couple days (on the other cars) or so should not deplete the battery but because they put a lot of electronics in cars nowdays I decided to play it safe.

Now, I know I could have got the CTEK 3300 charger with the cigarette lighter adapter which company make almost identical chargers for Porsche and other high end cars, but I decided to go for the manufacturer (Porsche) because it was only about $26 more. Normally I don't pay more if I don't have to but in my case I think it was worth it as the Porsche one has a lot longer cord and it was already a one unit together and something happened to my car battery I think I would have more leverage complaining.

Best price on the web for the CTECK is $60 for the 3300 model and $11.99 for the adapter plus $14 home delivery. Other websites charge just $10 but they charge more for both items. So total cost would have been $86 plus taxes if they charge that. I paid for the Porsche logo brand (CTEK) $112 plus tax at the local dealer. Amazon was $126 no shipping charges but they were going to charge for taxes. Also the CTEK website said Amazon was not allowed to sell their chargers and if there was a problem with them they "may" not honor their warranty.

For my other cars I would try the CTEK with their adapters, they would come handy when I go to Nicaland or another country lets just say for three weeks or longer.

Here are some pics of my installation for some of you who might have garages similar to mine or might be very cautious like me.
The cord from the charger to 12v tip is about 10' and about 8' to plug. I decided to use a grounded cord for extra safety and I use little twisting hooks instead of wire staples just in case I need or decide to move or change extension cord and also if staples are used and become loose they would drop of top my car maybe scratching it and I might run over them and get a flat tire.

Ohh, I used the little compartment 12V receptacle located between the seats and I am using a little foam football on the lid for it to rest on top of the ball as I don't want it to loose its memory. If I lift it, it would float in the air, who knows if it stays like that for days Porsche Charger Pics, etc 076.jpg Porsche Charger Pics, etc 078.jpg Porsche Charger Pics, etc 077.jpg Porsche Charger Pics, etc 079.jpg Porsche Charger Pics, etc 080.jpg Porsche Charger Pics, etc 081.jpg it might not work properly later.

Sorry about the garage is not done yet as I m fixing it myself , eventually it will look nice with texture, paint and checkered floors, tv, games, etc.
Garage, storage room and my Man Cave!, lol.

I wish I could provide you with a more complex and useful input but I got to start somewhere.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I got the Porsxhe battery maintainer instead of the ctek also......for the same reason that you have a Porsche flag hanging in your garage. I love the name. It was worth it to me and I've never been in to "knock-offs". :).

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I got the Porsxhe battery maintainer instead of the ctek also......for the same reason that you have a Porsche flag hanging in your garage. I love the name. It was worth it to me and I've never been in to "knock-offs". :).

Thanks for posting.
Actually the Porsche charger is a knock-off of the CTEK since CTEK actually makes it for Porsche.:taunt:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I bought one of these to go with my CTEK charger. I keep the end just under the back edge of the frunk lid. When I want to hook it up there's no need to climb into the car or be careful about closing the door on the cable. The charger is on the driver side wall in the garage so its right there to hook up when I get out. Mine came with the 12v power port adapter too but I've never used it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts