Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died after sitting for about 5 days with no driving. It was the original battery so Porsche would not cover it under warranty. I plugged the car into the advance auto website and it recommended a H8 battery that ended up being too large. I ended up returning it and getting this instead, it was an exact match for the original. As much as I don't like shopping at Walmart I'd definitely recommend this battery.

EverStart Maxx Lead Acid Automotive Battery, Group Size H7 - Walmart.com

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
H7 is the correct size. I've had one Walmart for a couple years and when it's time, will buy another.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I just got another Walmart battery after 5 years with the first one. The OE and the dealer battery lasted two years each. All but the first one had a CTEK.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
H7 is what I got for my 997 as well. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When my battery died (07 Cayman S), I bought the Walmart MAXX-H8. It's bigger than the battery it replaced but has more CCA. I had to get a new nut for the bottom of the battery holder to secure the battery (since the H8 is longer than the stock battery), but that was worth it for me.

My comments:
H8 = 900 CCA vs H7 = 790 CCA vs my OEM battery <400 CCA.
H8 was ~$25 cheaper than an H7
H8 had a vent that hooked up to the vent tube
H8 weighs a few more pounds than an H7
H8 is longer than H7/OEM so I had to buy a nut and use the end hole on the battery holder. It was a tight fit but it's properly secured.

I wanted the extra CCA since the Cayman drains batteries if you aren't driving the car every day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts