Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I need some help! My lovely wife killed my battery and I just replaced it. I now have a PSM failure and a check engine light. I read in the manual on how to fix the PSM failure but I can't get rid of the check engine light. The car runs very rough and the RPMs won't go above 2,000. I have driven it around the block and it has not helped to reset itself. Can anyone suggest a fix?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Bit of a long shot. You probably had to go through the routine in the fuse box to open the front trunk. Any chance you dislodged or blew one of the fuses?

Beyond that no ideas. Don't recall reading anything on that. Might want to search the battery replacement threads. Sounds like it's more than the DME losing it's memory and having to relearn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to do the fuse box trick to get the lid open. I will check the fuses but I don't think I hurt any of them.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
How did she kill the battery? It's normal to get the PSM light after disconnecting the battery, but it sounds like your car's DME went into Safe mode or perhaps was damaged for some reason, which ordinarily shouldn't happen just from running down or changing the battery.

If you don't have Durametric to check/clear the CEL code, you might try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. If that doesn't work, it sounds like something you may have to take it to the dealer for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the codes and it came back as:

P0638 - Throttle actuator control range / performance (bank 1)
P2102 - mass or volume circuit low input
P2101 - mass or volume circuit range performance problems

should I clear these codes?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check the voltage on the alternator while the car is running. If it is below 13V, alternator may have been damaged in the process. If the car was running with a dead battery, the diods (rectifiers) in the alternator may have been damaged. If the voltage is low it will play havoc with all electronics and throw error codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts