Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I did a lot of searching and I can't seem to find it. I remember seeing a thread about disconnecting a wire from one of the battery terminals and it turns off auto start/stop and possibly changes the smart charging of the car? Does anyone know where I can find this thread?

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
Not sure about that thread.

But if you want the car to remember settings for a/s/s, sport, sport+ and pse - our T-Design Memory Module can do that for you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey everyone, I did a lot of searching and I can't seem to find it. I remember seeing a thread about disconnecting a wire from one of the battery terminals and it turns off auto start/stop and possibly changes the smart charging of the car? Does anyone know where I can find this thread?
On a 981, in the USA, there's no need to do this. It already remembers whatever setting you had when you turn the car off. If you're outside the US, I'd recommend T-Design's module. Disconnecting that wire throws up errors on your dashboard. You can ignore them safely, but it's something you might find annoying nonetheless.

·
Registered
295 Posts
There is a iTunes video about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here you go.
The Merc in the vid had the sensor disconnected 13 months ago with no issues. The Porsche also has no issues after disconnect. Stop start on the Merc has never been use while car has been in my ownership, bought car at 3 years old, battery is stamped 3811 and still going strong. I also believe stop/start has a detrimental on the timing chain each time the engine is started the chain is put under high stress when overcoming the moment of inertia.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Bobclive also posted this in the Replacing the battery - How to? thread which is only 10 threads down from this one as of my reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the links. Yeah I noticed mine is remembering my setting. Nice! Was thinking I had the T Designs module already installed from the previous owner but it wasn't in there haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts