Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the PZeros (stock 19" configuration, 265 & 235/40) on my 2014 CS. For reasons I won't go into, I'm not going to use my normal tire shop (Five Points). Can someone recommend a great place that will see me tires, mount/balance them and align my car?

I'm still trying to decide between tires: Michelin Super Sports are apparently unfindable, and they don't make the 4S in the right size for my car. I've been thinking about either Conti ExtremeContact Sports or Potenza S-04. I no longer track my car, so they are just for street use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been ordering tires from tirerack, and having them dropped shipped to Northstar, and old-school Vette racing shop, for mounting and balancing. Using tirerack's tool to find local shops, confirming they have road-force balancing, and checking their rating is a decent way to get it done. I haven't checked to see if any of the highly-regarded independent Porsche mechanics in the area are on that list.

Reactions: jimfbk

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've bought from tire rack and had them drop ship to Custom Alignment in Mountain View.

I've also used the wheel works on Showers Drive in Mountain View, they matched tire rack prices (including shipping so not just the tire rack tire cost), you can also drop ship from tire rack to them if they cannot get the tire you want. They have (at least the last time I went) one very good tech who would work on the "nice" cars. You could stand outside the work area and watch him work on your car. To get him I would make an appointment and show up when the opened on Saturdays.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, that's a coincidence. Yesterday evening, I noticed a small bubble on the side of my passenger side front tire. Very bad.

Today I'm researching where to send the tires from Tire Rack to in the Bay Area, and there's a thread about it. Thanks everyone, especially eal, I'm trying out Custom Alignment in MV.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
this may sound crazy, but I replaced all four of my Pzero's on my GTS and went to Fremont Porsche. Their prices for the tires were essentially the same as from a Tire Rack ad. Go figure.
I was able to work with the staff for a slightly customized alignment -- meaning they were willing to go to non-OEM settings for me.
D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not too crazy, if they had reasonable prices... in the end, Tire Rack + independent aligner is not saving me too much money compared to my dealer, who wants $820 total for replacing both front Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2's. But I forgot to ask the dealer if that includes road force balancing, so it may be less value.

The rather annoying thing, which has pretty much nothing to do with where I get it done, is that it takes a few days to get the tires delivered.

One place had Bridgestone's in stock, but I shied away from mixing different brands front/back. When I then saw that they are FE instead of N0, I thought I'd just get the Goodyear's ordered. Let's just get it done right.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I also buy from Tire Rack and install st Custom Alignment. Next door is Modderman Service, where I get my Porsches serviced. Very happy with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jimfbk

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Tire rack can get it sent from Nevada in 2 days usually. Send to whatever your regular shop is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
786 Posts
The Bay area should be one day for delivery. We normally have all the options in stock. They do come with a 2 year road hazard warranty for no charge. So if you end up damaging a tire we will end up saving you a lot of money. we also do not collect Ca. sales tax.
If I can help let me know.

·
Registered
34,417 Posts
Someone I know recommended Trackspec Auto in Fremont - never used them myself.

Personally, I prefer Bridgestone S-04, as I found them to be better than MPSS, wish they came in 20", I may have to switch out my rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.