Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these, and had to put them on at my office at work... couldn't wait, lol. Car is a little dirty etc... but just wanted to post some pics for those who were curious what these wheels look like on a Cayman. Let me know what you guys think!

Car is lowered on KW V3's, 2.5 camber all around, 7mm RSS front spacer, 15m RSS rear spacer. Hankook Ventus 245/35 and 275/35/19.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like them. The drop helps, too, for sure. I didn't get the idea they would be too great on the Cayman when I first saw those wheels by themselves, but they are really nice on the car. I guess I'll need to look at those.

How is the ride with the 'kooks, compared with the 18" PS2s?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like them. The drop helps, too, for sure. I didn't get the idea they would be too great on the Cayman when I first saw those wheels by themselves, but they are really nice on the car. I guess I'll need to look at those.

How is the ride with the 'kooks, compared with the 18" PS2s?
I had them shipped to my office, then put them on in our parking lot at work, hahaha, it was hot outside today... haven't had a chance to really drive on them yet, but will this afternoon and will report back. I'm guessing just the move from 18" to 19" will give me a bit harsher ride.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
They look fantastic! I'd love to see some pics of the black wheel with stainless edge on them as well.

Are those 20"? Do you know how much they weigh?

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Weight on those is 23.9 lbs (F) and 26.1 lbs (R) per the BBS site. These appear to have been bought from a BBS-USA authorized vendor. There is another vendor that imports these directly from Germany and has them with the "Motorsport" lettering and cheaper.

Would really like to see a closeup of the wheels with that rim protector and how it meshes with the silver of the actual wheels.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great brah!
Thanks Niraj!

Looking good! :cheers:
Thanks!
They look bitchin' dude.

Cheers,
I was so excited about how good these came out yesterday I called you!! lol... it was hit or miss with my spacers and they came out PERFECT.

Weight on those is 23.9 lbs (F) and 26.1 lbs (R) per the BBS site. These appear to have been bought from a BBS-USA authorized vendor. There is another vendor that imports these directly from Germany and has them with the "Motorsport" lettering and cheaper.

I made a dipsht move and didn't weight these with the tires and compare them to my OEM wheels...

Would really like to see a closeup of the wheels with that rim protector and how it meshes with the silver of the actual wheels.
I'll take some closer pics of the rim protector later today. IMO, you don't notice them from 5 feet away, but up close, they don't necessarily look great. They don't look horrible, but it's obviously a cheap part for a reason.

Those look really good!
Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, to note on the ride, short commute home yesterday and they drove fine. The ride was actually no worse than my OEM 18's... but I have to say that the real test will be driving to LA and back because the roads in OC are pretty nice. Also, tires are brand new... so lets see how they feel in like 500 miles, my guess is overall feel will firm up as I get some miles on these bad boys.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts

I made a dipsht move and didn't weight these with the tires and compare them to my OEM wheels...

I'll take some closer pics of the rim protector later today. IMO, you don't notice them from 5 feet away, but up close, they don't necessarily look great. They don't look horrible, but it's obviously a cheap part for a reason.

Thanks!
I don't remember saying the red part. :hilarious:

I always thought this wheels should have the "Motorsport" logo on them that BBS intended. You might have just changed my mind. But still not sure about that 'cheesy' rim protector. Haven't had a wheel yet that I curb rashed. :banana: Awaiting the pic. :picsplz: Thanx

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.