Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I need help deciding whether to get BBS LM's or BBS E88's. Anyone who has any experience with these wheels please comment...

Basically, I'm looking at this fitment as per Vivid Racing:

BBS E88 (anyone know if this will fit?)
18x9.5 ET43
18x10.5 ET35

BBS LM
18x9 ET50
18x10 ET50

Looks-wise, the E88 will look more aggressive due to the lower offsets. They'll also be able to fit more rubber. They're 3pc vs. 2pc. They also cost almost 2x more. What I'm wondering is if they can be street driven (I've read that they are not as sturdy as LM). Also, is there anything else I'm missing? The car will be street driven with some trackdays every year.

Thanks for your help!
By the way, I've just picked up a 2012 CR that I'm loving!

·
Registered
167 Posts
What rims do you have now on your CR? Spider rims are awesome looking rims and very light. For track day duty, I got some OZ, which are available in Porsche sizes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have OZ Formula for trackday duty, 19". Only reason for 19" vs 18" is the red tape around changing tire sizes without certificates (which the 19" had) here in Germany.

If it is looks only, I'd go with LeMans, considered them but thought they are too expensive. And I was after trackday rims/tired only, for DD I have the OEM Spyder rims plus Michelin PS2.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
LM's all the way..........Classic and look great on anything. Maybe the centers in a bronze or anthracite depending on your car color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts