Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
You'll be looking at a couple of grand, easy.

I enquired about some Carrera S II wheels and they wanted 3.5k!! Needless to say, I still have my Cayman S 18's!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are other alloy suppliers that will do Cayman fitment though.....check out some of the alloy wheel websites....then sell your 18's on t'interweb. You might almost cancel out the cost.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bought a set of genuine 17" Boxster wheels for £300 :) Gonna give them a try first and see how I get on with them. The rears have the wrong sized tyres on them at the mo, so I'll use them up at the trackday. Plus there's a bit of bubbling on the wheels themselves (seem straight and undamaged otherwise). So after the trackday I'll get them re-furbed and the right rears on them.

For the minute though, I'll see what they're like and whether they're worth the bother or not.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they're on and they've definitely taken the edge off the ride a bit. Not a massive difference, but it's noticeable. It'll probably be more so when I stick the bigger rear tyres on that'll add another 2cm of tyrewall at the back. But that'll come after Anglesey now.

Plan is to goon the **** out of the rears at Anglesey, stick the 18's back on for a bit while I get the wheels refurbed, then bigger rear tyres and away we go.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm now back on the 18's and I much prefer the 17's. Sadly the old Boxster S wheels I bought are not quite the right size/offset so I've bunged them on ebay. But it has made my mind up that I want to track down a set of GenII 17's. Time to start a new thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts