Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to the new Bellevue Porsche? (Looks like Autonation got rid of the Barrier name?) I heard it opens today officially. Would be interested to know what the loaner situation is. I called Barrier Porsche about a week ago and they said at best I could have an Enterprise renter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I contacted them (among others) when I was ready to order my car to see what they would give me off MSRP. Was told they don't deal because they don't have to. Kind of a turn off. I think they have an attitude problem. Wonder if that is a Seattle area thing or if the dealership near Tacoma is more hospitable. Needless to say, I bought elsewhere.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was probably before Autonation bought them. Not sure if they negotiate now or not. Also realized a stupid typo in the thread title and don't see a way to fix it

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
We will be interacting with the new owners over the next few days. Albeit the Audi branch (wife's A6 power steering crapped out), if I learn anything useful, I'll post.

Happy New Year to the P9 community!

Cheers,

Reactions: Mike R.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
That was probably before Autonation bought them. Not sure if they negotiate now or not. Also realized a stupid typo in the thread title and don't see a way to fix it
I fixed the typo... I was planning on stopping by at the new place over the next week.

All I ever saw on a new order was the local tech company "rebate" of $1000 with Barrier. They have too many walk-in clients that has too much money ;). I did buy mine with them because at the time I wanted Euro delivery in a certain time window and the car was new. Getting a remote dealer to give me a rebate and Euro delivery on a brand new model was impossible.

Will that change? Not sure. I hope so, given that Autonation may be a bit more aware of the increase of people shopping online across the nation, but as long as there are people driving up with an Aston, R8 etc and driving off with a 991 Turbo or GTS, I am not very hopeful.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read that they'll have a 918 on display next weekend

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
I read that they'll have a 918 on display next weekend
I saw the post on the PNWR PCA facebook group. This weekend or next? It was already in the shop based on the posted picture.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I've heard mixed things about them (as in mostly negative and by mostly I mean 100%). They were present at the Seattle Auto Show earlier this year and had a couple of good looking girls on display. Oh and a Cayman 2.7 with a PDK. The display price was at around $70K with a bunch of options I don't really care for. The car was locked and we nicely asked if we could look inside. I've been talking my buddy's ear off about the Cayman for a while and just wanted to see the interior with him. The interior wasn't lit and it wasn't very visible from the outside. The nicer looking girl was very smug and said "It's locked". I was thinking "No s**t, I can see that". I said "So there's no way to take a look at the interior?". She replied again like I was a freaking moron: "It's locked". I turned, looked at my buddy and said "It's locked". He nodded to me and said "It's locked". I nodded and we left the Porsche area.

Now I get that a Cayman isn't exactly a Honda Accord or a Miata or even a loaded JCW Countryman - it is not a cheap car. If it were, I would've gotten one by now instead of planning it out. It however isn't a Ferrari or Lambo (or even a 911 but I can see how it'd ruffle a few feathers here and I don't mean it that way) and I guess their reasoning was that 99% of the crowd who'd "violate" their "precious" wouldn't ever be able to afford one. That coupled with her smug attitude (I get she was probably doing her "job") was enough for me to strike them off my list. For crying out loud, get in a demo 981 and let people sit in a Porsche. If it's the only Porsche they'll ever sit in, they'll leave the car show very happy. Who knows if some of the little kids will leave the car show and say "In 20-30 years, I am getting a Porsche".

It's going to be Roger Jobs or out of state for me. Now, my experience isn't with the dealership (don't even want to risk it) but if I were the manager for Bellevue Porsche, I'd hire that good looking 20 something girl to be my social media manager, train her before giving her "the keys" to the job, and tell her to keep an eye on FB, Twitter and Planet 9. #ItsLocked. Pfft.

Reactions: allen986

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw the post on the PNWR PCA facebook group. This weekend or next? It was already in the shop based on the posted picture.
That's where I read it :)

I assume it was this coming weekend as it was in the shop. I'm in Japan right now and won't be back for two weeks. Hope it's still on display or that one shows up at RTC as I haven't seen a 918 in person yet.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
The nicer looking girl was very smug and said "It's locked". I was thinking "No s**t, I can see that". I said "So there's no way to take a look at the interior?". She replied again like I was a freaking moron: "It's locked". I turned, looked at my buddy and said "It's locked". He nodded to me and said "It's locked". I nodded and we left the Porsche area.
Absolutely frickin' hilarious! :hilarious:

When I was doing the research summer of 2013 (Cayman vs Boxster along with 981 vs 987), Barrier was very accommodating. They cut me loose in whatever I wanted to go test drive. The sales transaction was typical for just about any dealership. They knew the market was strong for well maintained 987's, so they applied some pressure to move quickly.

The repairs to the A6 have been completed. Power steering pump plus front/rear rotors/pads set us back a little over $3700. I'll be looking for a good Audi indy in the area. I chatted with the service guy for a few about the buy out by AutoNation. The intent is for the outward facing relationships/interaction/service to essentially stay the same for the four brands (Audi/Mercedes-Benz/Porsche/Volvo). They have back end business changes they have to implement, but the story was we would not notice (to be proven, right?). I'll assume things like their loner policy are unchanged. For Audi, that typically means an Enterprise rental.

Edit: It's interesting how big this business is (new & used cars). I had no idea Barrier was moving 5550 cars a year, with annual revenue around $355 million.
http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2024505149_barrierautonationxml.html

Cheers,

·
Registered
18 Posts
As an update to this thread..

I purchased a used 987 recently and had a very good experience there. It seems like a first class operation and the two sales people that helped me were fantastic. The pricing and negotiating were fair, and like any other dealership. I can't say the same for the hard sell of extended warranty items from the "finance guy" though.

I had a chance to test the service department recently and was very happy. Again, a first class operation. They loaned me a 2015 Boxster. While I was in, I dealt again with a couple people in sales to look at at new Macan and a used Cayenne. I was honest in telling them up front that I was tire kicking for now, but I was still very well taken care of.

-Erik

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a friend buy from the Larson Porsche dealership in Tacoma and they got a smoking deal on a GTS !!! Seattle would not deal and in fact wanted 10k over MSRP

·
Registered
77 Posts
UPDATE : Larson in Tacoma does not have much of any good inventory at all . I was looking to trade my 08 CS in to but a Cayman GT-4 and they want 15 k over sticker and don't even have any allocations so Bellevue is the only place to buy Porsche IMO - the GTS they have was a ordered car that fell through so that the only reason my buddy got a deal -pretty depressing trying to buy a Porsche there. considering selling my CS and going for the alfa romero

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Have you tried Roger Jobs? They are better than Bellevue Porsche but the level of responsiveness from those guys went down incredibly fast after I placed my order. After I had expressed my interest, I couldn't get that sales manager to stop e-mailing me. After the order though, I'm lucky if he responds at all. Bellevue Porsche = true to my prior experience were annoying enough again when I recently pinged them. I want to buy my Porsche directly from Porsche. *click click done* and I get my car delivered to the front door. Freaking dealers.

Reactions: Pokerhobo

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you tried Roger Jobs? They are better than Bellevue Porsche but the level of responsiveness from those guys went down incredibly fast after I placed my order. After I had expressed my interest, I couldn't get that sales manager to stop e-mailing me. After the order though, I'm lucky if he responds at all. Bellevue Porsche = true to my prior experience were annoying enough again when I recently pinged them. I want to buy my Porsche directly from Porsche. *click click done* and I get my car delivered to the front door. Freaking dealers.
Yea roger Jobs has no allocations for Gt-4 so its looking like a GT-4 is super hard to find and if you do you will be paying through the teeth for one . Maybe I will wait for a while for the 2016 models then :) or try California

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made a phone call to the Bellevue Porsche dealer service department yesterday to get some service history info on my 987.1 Boxster. Waited on hold for 15 minutes without anyone ever answering my call at all. I had to complete another errand so I hung up and called them back later in the day. The next time I waited on hold for over 10 minutes without anyone answering my call before I got pissed off and hung up. 25 minutes on hold with Bellevue Porsche and never got to talk to a single person there, I then called the Tacoma dealer and they answered right away and were extremely helpful. I'll never bother calling the Bellevue dealer again...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Same exact experience ordering a 991 TTS. Bellevue dicked my dad around, so he went up to Roger Jobs, they handled his order perfectly, and that's why they have my business.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts