Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

We received our first set of full custom front floor mats for the 718 yesterday and thought I'd share a short review of the process and the mats for anyone thinking of ordering a set.

Overall: absolutely amazing. Quick replies (all done via email/pics) and pleasant in every way. I dealt with "Shimie" at BespokeAutomats.com and after an initial contact and general idea of what I was after, a simple $25 PayPal deposit started the process.

I searched their Facebook pages and general web search for bespoke mats for ideas and then settled on a custom idea incorporating all of the details I liked - matching plush ebony carpeting to match the 718; perforated black leather to match the seats; Porsche embroidered crest and the 718 script; red leather edging; mat securing grommets of course.

Renderings were done and sent via email after they confirmed with Porsche to have the exact 2017 718 mat pattern. Impressive detail in every way with the renderings. This entire process took approx 1 week so far. After approving the final small changes, production began shortly thereafter and once completed, pics of the actual mats were sent by Shimie - and then after I said they were perfect, he shipped them that day. International through Ireland, customs and eventually USPS to my doorstep.

Here they are:

The interesting thing was how they incorporated the grommets yet covered them with the quilted leather...and the carpet backing is simply amazing. Appears rubberized.

Impressive to say the least. The black perforated leather matches perfectly. The edging is a solid through dyed leather. Impeccable detail and literally flawless. Fit is perfect.

Cost? $300 USD total. Shipped. To the front door. Includes all fees, taxes, etc. Worth every penny IMO and then some. Matching trunk mat is on the drawing board already

Any questions, please fire away.

Their contact info:

bespokeautomats

[email protected] for Shimie personally.

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thank you for sharing this. Nice job on this custom. I'm looking forward to seeing your trunk mat, I may follow up an place an order for that! Will you be looking at a mat for the front, back, or both?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I'm sure they will be getting a letter from Porsche soon for using the crest without permission, Porsche doesn't give permission for the crest to be used on floor mats, carpets, or anything anyone might step on. Otherwise, I think they look nice, but anyone wanting a crest better hurry because he's probably getting a cease and desist letter as I type. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll ask via email right now...but regards to your comment of Porsche logos being stepped on (i.e. carpets, etc) they (Porsche) make a lot of things with their name on them that indeed get stepped on - like the floor mats that come in nearly every car - and the dealerships with the name and crest in the floor.

I understand where you're coming from and would have thought the folks offering them would have that covered - but I'll find out. Thanks for thinking of that for us ~

K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone -

We received our first set of full custom front floor mats for the 718 yesterday and thought I'd share a short review of the process and the mats for anyone thinking of ordering a set.

Overall: absolutely amazing. Quick replies (all done via email/pics) and pleasant in every way. I dealt with "Shimie" at BespokeAutomats.com and after an initial contact and general idea of what I was after, a simple $25 PayPal deposit started the process.

I searched their Facebook pages and general web search for bespoke mats for ideas and then settled on a custom idea incorporating all of the details I liked - matching plush ebony carpeting to match the 718; perforated black leather to match the seats; Porsche embroidered crest and the 718 script; red leather edging; mat securing grommets of course.

Renderings were done and sent via email after they confirmed with Porsche to have the exact 2017 718 mat pattern. Impressive detail in every way with the renderings. This entire process took approx 1 week so far. After approving the final small changes, production began shortly thereafter and once completed, pics of the actual mats were sent by Shimie - and then after I said they were perfect, he shipped them that day. International through Ireland, customs and eventually USPS to my doorstep.

Here they are:

The interesting thing was how they incorporated the grommets yet covered them with the quilted leather...and the carpet backing is simply amazing. Appears rubberized.

Impressive to say the least. The black perforated leather matches perfectly. The edging is a solid through dyed leather. Impeccable detail and literally flawless. Fit is perfect.

Cost? $300 USD total. Shipped. To the front door. Includes all fees, taxes, etc. Worth every penny IMO and then some. Matching trunk mat is on the drawing board already

Any questions, please fire away.

Their contact info:

bespokeautomats

[email protected] for Shimie personally.

K.

Hello! I'm new to the page. I tried to contact this company through the email provided, and the email came back. Can someone assist me with contacting this company please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.