Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use to clean the "rubberized" plastic panels that cover much of our interior ( like the cigarette lighter cover and the PDK surround)? It seems very sensitive and prone to streaking and spotting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
All I use is clean & clear water with a micro fiber cloth on the plastic surfaces. Over the years, I have found most cleaners don't clean and just leaves a residue that breaks down the plastic-stuff like Armor All that has petro products

I do use Tuff Stuff on the carpets, and Surf City Voodoo on the leather.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Water and microfiber if you want it to last. I found products do more bad than good. The plastic will last just fine without any chemicals on it and if it doesn't, that's not because you didn't put anything on it, bur rather its just...old.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What about for the leather seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used a damped microfiber for that as well, been using it for over 8 years and my leather as well as the interior looks brand new.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1Z einszett cockpit premium for plastics and rubber, leaves a matte finish, no residue, and light UV protection. Sold at our forum sponsor and amazon. For leather I've been using Lexol's cleaner, but Leather Masters Leather Protection Cream which is more suitable for coated leathers like ours than most traditional leather conditioners.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never had problems with streaking and spotting and I just wipe down the interior with 303 from time to time. There are plenty of good choices for leather. I'm currently using 1Z's. Was using Leather Master prior to that.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I use Griots Interior Cleaner for plastics. It does a pretty good job and doesn't leave any residue.

And Griots Leather Care wipes for the leather, followed by wiping with a microfiber cloth. Those wipes can remove a lot of dirt from the seats.

Reactions: ottobon100

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
What does everyone use to clean the "rubberized" plastic panels that cover much of our interior ( like the cigarette lighter cover and the PDK surround)? It seems very sensitive and prone to streaking and spotting.

Thanks.
I use Woolite ( 1 part Woolite with 9 parts water) in a spray bottle with a microfiber cloth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts