Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SF Bay Area dealer has the best reputation for service these days?

I've had repeatedly bad experience with service at Carlsen Porsche recently.

A colleague recommended Fremont Porsche.

Anyone here with recent experience with Fremont, Stevens Creek or any of the other ones?

·
Noob
857 Posts
Reading on this forum, yelp and rennlist, people have mostly recommended Fremont (Gunter). Stevens Creek/Rector suck I hear based on general reviews. The other better rated one is Sonnen.
Other than dealers, there are a few indies - Modderman and Heyer Performance that are very high rated porsche specific mechanics, more so than dealers.
But I have no experience with any being a new Porsche owner, and hopefully I have to stay away from all for a long time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with Carlsen. I bought my car there and have taken it there 3 times for service (10k checkup, flywheel sensor shim problem, lip spoiler screw missing) and had *fantastic* service every time.

I've not heard good things about Stevens Creek (I knew a salesman who worked there who told me to take cars elsewhere for service :eek: ).

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't speak for service, but my dealer experience when I was shopping for my porsche was Fremont was best, Stevens creek was so so, redwood city Carlsen was bad.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Other than dealers, there are a few indies - Modderman and Heyer Performance that are very high rated porsche specific mechanics, more so than dealers.
Interesting, I've been looking for an independent shop I can trust, these are right in town so very handy (I live in Mountain View where both of these are located.)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fremont sounds like one good option. Someone just mentioned to me that Livermore has a good service department. It's a little too far for me, though.

Stevens Creek seems to be improving on the sales, inventory, allocations and facilities side compared to what I remember from a few years ago. They're expanding their building and doing some construction now. I wish they had a good service department since they are conveniently-located, but people don't seem to be recommending them.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Griffin in Berkeley does a great job if you don't mind an independent. They are motorsports/track/mod friendly also, to the point of enabling you.

I bought from Walnut Creek. If I had to do dealer service I'd probably go to Rector, where I've taken my Audi in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I am in the process of "buying" a C-GTS from Fremont. I had purchased my 07 Cayman from them in, well 2007. Gunter (service) is first rate. W/r to Livermore, they were doing my service since they were that much closer than bay area shops and I can report that I've been satisfied with the shop. They have had some turnover recently, but the last service tech went out of his way to keep me informed of progress, etc.

I probably will make the extra effort to get the GTS serviced at Fremont, but they have to get allocation/build date first!!

I've not been to Carlsen for several years because I stopped driving to the bay area for business (retired, etc.) though they did some suspension work that was, ultimately, satisfactory (they ordered the wrong parts, requiring me to go back for the work -- but that was at least 5 years ago.). Actually surprised about these Carlsen comments, since they retain their "Premier" dealer status.

No data on independent shops or Stevens Creek.
only advice, get to know, on a personal level, the head of the service department.

D

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Modderman is great. I've had mostly good luck with Stevens Creek, too. But not a lot of experience with them. I've been going to Modderman for years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts