Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for a dongle that will work with Porsches and other brands. Needs to be IPhone compatible and have good app support. Code clearing functionality not really required.

Would like to keep dongle/app cost reasonable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
A lot of guys use the "vgate icar 2 wifi " for Harry's Laptimer and such. Search Amazon, Newegg, etc... they run ~$30.

You may want to read up on the pros/cons of connecting the dongles via bluetooth vs wifi... and which would work best for your situation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use the GoPoint BT1, which uses blue tooth to connect to my iPhone. Works well with Harry's LapTimer, and on its own gives the usual engine data and fault codes.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,741 Posts
I use the GoPoint BT1, which uses blue tooth to connect to my iPhone. Works well with Harry's LapTimer, and on its own gives the usual engine data and fault codes.
+1 for GoPoint Bluetooth, I use it with the Dash Command (free) app to clear CELs. Just won't reset the service reminders.

·
Registered
564 Posts
+1 for GoPoint Bluetooth, I use it with the Dash Command (free) app to clear CELs. Just won't reset the service reminders.
+2 for GoPoint which works great with all apps. My only problem in using it lies the placement of the OBD socket in my CGTS, which is so close to the rest pedal that my left foot sometimes jostles the GP when driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts