Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking my Cayman S in for a few service items (low tone horn out, dash rattle, TPMS acting up) in the next few weeks and I just wanted to get some last-minute opinions on Pacific in Torrance, Rusnak Pasadena and McKenna in Norwalk. Specific techs or service writers that you've had success with would be great. Here are my thoughts so far:

Pacific
  • Farthest away from my home (40 miles), closest to my work (10 miles)
  • Always been treated nicely by the sales staff there when I have just gone in to look
  • Another member here said they had no problem getting a Porsche loaner when they took their car in for service

McKenna
  • Very convenient (I drive by it every day and it's 8 miles from my house)
  • I'm a bit biased against McKenna because of their sales staff. I've either been A) ignored or B) had the typical shady car dealer tactics used against me. To be fair, this has been at the VW/Audi building and I know that I shouldn't use the sales experience of a large dealership to judge their service department.
  • Searches here have indicated that a tech named Huy is very good.

Rusnak
  • I bought my car from Rusnak
  • Least convenient to home and work

I think that right now I'm leaning towards McKenna due to the convenience, but I'm open to other people's thoughts.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had nothing but good luck with Pacific. There right on the money. Always got a fully loaded Cayanne for a loaner as well. Call Nicco Zivkovic in service. Really good guy.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I've had nothing but good luck with Pacific. There right on the money. Always got a fully loaded Cayanne for a loaner as well. Call Nicco Zivkovic in service. Really good guy.

Good luck
+1 on Pacific. I live about 10 minutes away from them, and in fact it's the dealership where I bought my 09 CS as well.

Anytime I've needed service, they've been very timely and consistent, and when parts needed to be ordered, they arrive quick. An additional plus is that they appear to be fairly mod friendly.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I've had excellent service at McKenna.

I dont know anything about their sales department, but Huy Ha has been great on several occasions. I did my 2yr service (and got 4 new tires from them at web prices) and had a failed water pump repaired by them.

They gave me everything I asked for while I was there, and treated my car the way I wanted it treated... Also, they're mod friendly too (they were installing IPD plenums...)

I would heartily recommend them (Huy in particular).

·
Registered
482 Posts
What about Downtown L.A. Porsche? I haven't any experience with them (still waiting for my CS), but I've heard good things about their Service manager Vicki Carbone.
I met with Vicki before purchasing my 07S from a private party. She gave me a service schedule with estimated prices, and she even ran the VIN to verify the car as a CPO for me.

I was hoping others on here had experience with service department here as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.