Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porsche seems to have the same lease deal on a Boxster for the last several months on their national website. Is this offer out there year round? Do they pull it back from the new model year when released? Is there a BAD time of the year to look for a Porsche lease or a particularly good time of year?

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
I don't pay much attention to what Porsche has on the national website. What counts is what an individual dealer has on his lot. A local dealer might have a loaded Cayman/Boxster that he wants to get rid of . . . or a base car with no options that isn't moving.

In that same vane, I just got a letter from the local dealership offering "special leases" on several cars on the lot but IMHO they were asking for way too much down.

I would think that this would be a good time to lease (or buy) depending on what the dealer has on his lot. It's after Christmas and people aren't spending like they were in December. There might be a deal out there. (USAA says that the best time to buy is in winter months, the end of the month, early in the week, and late in the day. I suspect that would hold true for leasing.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
In my opinion the most critical parameter to the lease is the price of the car to you and I would suggest that the answer is the same as buying. Whenever you can get the best deal on price is when you can get the best lease parameters.
Larry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I agree that the price is important.. heck critical, you must also consider the residual value and money factor as keys to leasing. Both of these are driven by the bank and ones own credit rating. However the national deals advertised by manufacturers are often underwritten to give extraordinarily good deals. The current national offer by Porsche on a Boxster is a good example. Does anyone keep an eye on these national, brand subsidized, offers?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got a great deal on my Cayman S last March. Usually the better deals can be had as you move towards the end of the current model year but before the new model year is released (in terms of beat lease pricing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts