Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling....wondering if there is any advise out there to get the most exposure. Have always used Autotrader and Craigslist (selling other cars I’ve owned) in the past but would like to expand the market if anyone has any tips...thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thinking about selling....wondering if there is any advise out there to get the most exposure. Have always used Autotrader and Craigslist (selling other cars I’ve owned) in the past but would like to expand the market if anyone has any tips...thanks
Other options include CarGurus and Bring a trailer. Why are you selling?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have a local club member who is looking for an 06, so an 07S might be on his radar. What are the details? Color, miles, options, maintenance, location? Pics? Price?

I'm a hobbyist Wheeler Dealer and sell my cars via CL, PCA classifieds, Pelican Parts classifieds, P-9, and 986forum. 95% of my sales are thru CL. I will put an ad in semi-local CLs too (I'm in OMA and have ads in KC & Denver). Have heard Rennlist is a good place to advertise, but haven't tried it yet. If you go with a national site, be sure to be willing to accommodate potential buyers by taking your car somewhere for a PPI, picking them up at the airport if they fly in, or helping load your car on a transport.

I currently have a 14 CS for sale in the P-9 classifieds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info husker....basically it’s a 2007 Cayman S 77,000 miles, gray/gray looking to get 25,000ish...haven’t put together all the details or good pics yet. Let me know if it’s in ur members wheelhouse, if so I’ll put a concise package together.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'll check with him but that may be a few more miles than he's looking for. Your price is in the ballpark.

When taking pics, be sure to do it on a sunny day and have an interesting background. NOT in a crowded garage, or at a gas station at night, or when it's cloudy. There's a rich neighborhood not far from my house. I use it as a background all the time. And CL lets you post up to 24 pics. Use all of them. Here's my local CL ad:

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/omaha-2014-porsche-cayman/6968555586.html

I bought a Mahogany Metallic 14 base Box last fall. The seller's ad showed it in cloudy setting. Looked horrible. My pics all were in the sun to show off that beautiful color. I sold it in 2 wks.

B4.png p02.JPG

·
Registered
75 Posts
I praised my seller for shitty pictures, you can buy these cars from a note with a couple of sentences as many buyers of gen 1 cars do. In other words - if your specification (including mileage and maintenance) keeps up with your price - you will surely find a buyer for an S model, no matter where you put it - cars.com, cargurus or autotrader. Some Cayman S cars go within 24 hrs!

But it sure did make me feel more secure waiting for the loan knowing that my car looks just "meh" on the pictures. There are people that just don't know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried to sell a 967.1 with 28K miles for two years thru PCA and local chapters and attracted no worthy buyers. BAT worked but their "reserved" price cost me about $3K on a $27K sale as they would not raise the "reserved" price. It sold but not at the value I wanted. I was afraid of the "no reserve" result.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are selling a porsche, not a beater, so no to craigslist. I purchased used last year and found that most dealers use autotrader and cargurus to advertise their used cars. Also, since you have a S you may have more discerning buyers who will buy from a distance and these websites have nice filters. Just my two cents

·
Registered
33 Posts
Facebook Marketplace. Tons of free exposure.
I would second this, especially since it's free. I sold my 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (after I got my '14 CS last August :) ) in 3 days. And a few weeks ago, I sold a 2013 Honda CR-V (just toooo boring) for my asking price in under 18 hours, 8 of which were sleeping hours. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts