Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Which do you think would have better performance/acceleration: 987.1 with Borla exhaust and SRP plenum+flash or 987.2 DFI with Borla exhaust and Softronic flash (but no race plenum).
thanks

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Just curious. Which do you think would have better performance/acceleration: 987.1 with Borla exhaust and SRP plenum+flash or 987.2 DFI with Borla exhaust and Softronic flash (but no race plenum).
thanks
Answer:

The first set up would run circles around a MkII car with it's injectors lying on the ground next to it waiting for TSB work. :hilarious: Couldn't resist.

Of course the circles can't be too tight, cuz we'll blow up our MkI motors for lack of oiling. :eek:

But seriously, the MkII car is starting with 25 HP more. I would be thrilled if Borla +SRP/flash is even with a stock MkII, let alone a modded MkII car.

If you know the answer, then quit being cute and tell us already, GB. :kiss:

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
thanks
Answer:

The first set up would run circles around a MkII car with it's injectors lying on the ground next to it waiting for TSB work. :hilarious: Couldn't resist.

Of course the circles can't be too tight, cuz we'll blow up our MkI motors for lack of oiling. :eek:

But seriously, the MkII car is starting with 25 HP more. I would be thrilled if Borla +SRP/flash is even with a stock MkII, let alone a modded MkII car.

If you know the answer, then quit being cute and tell us already, Skin. :kiss:

edit...I thought Gator BITE was the OP. Maybe Gator SKIN is asking a legit Q...I can't imagine the Plenum making enough of a difference to overcome the 25HP head start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answer:

If you know the answer, then quit being cute and tell us already, Skin. :kiss:

edit...I thought Gator BITE was the OP. Maybe Gator SKIN is asking a legit Q...I can't imagine the Plenum making enough of a difference to overcome the 25HP head start.

No, no, this is a legit question. I am debating whether to get a used, low mileage 07 or 08 versus a used 09. The 07-08's can be had at a fantastic price now which would leave me plenty of money to put some mods on. But for a bit more, I can save up and get an MkII and put some mods on in the future. MkI now + mods versus MkII later + mods down the road.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Put that way I'd wait and get the MK2
I would have to agree. +1

And to all of you MKII owners, from us MKI owners...

You are welcome. We have enjoyed being the unpaid beta testers for you. We are oh, so very happy to have pushed the platform to it's limits "in the interest of science". It has been a pleasure to deal with the "Why didn't you buy a 911?" question from the beginning, before the world acknowledged the prowess of the breed.;)

So go enjoy your "25 extra HP" and your "motor that won't blow up" and your "iPod transmogrificator". But as you do, take a moment to silently thank those brave souls who went before you.

Battlefield commissions will be undoubtedly be earned by DFI Rangers and PDK Pioneers. So the testing continues...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts