Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The continental race featuring two racing caymans from BGB racing was supposed to air tonight at 7:00 PM on the Speed channel. I just received an alert e-mail from Grand-Am racing anouncing a time change to air the race. It will now air at 10:30PM. I'm leaving my recorder on just in case for the original time as well as the new time. You just never know with the Speed channel.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
D'OH!

It's the NASCAR TRUCK Series!!!!

What a fake out by SpeedTV!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not nice Speed TV, 7:30 ( PST ) and just Nascar on your channel :-(

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
It's on now, 11:40PM EST, probably started around 11PM. Don't see any of the BGB cars yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've seen the 23 car briefly. So far they didn't show or mention what happened to the 38 car and they aren't really mentioning or giving porsche much screen time in general. It's was all mustang, camaro, mazda and kia (show sponsor) until the last 30 minutes. The Audi S4 in GS and ST Subaru Impreza weren't mentioned till 20 minutes remaining. Have not heard the word "cayman" yet.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I've seen the 23 car briefly. So far they didn't show or mention what happened to the 38 car and they aren't really mentioning or giving porsche much screen time in general. It's was all mustang, camaro, mazda and kia (show sponsor) until the last 30 minutes. The Audi S4 in GS and ST Subaru Impreza weren't mentioned till 20 minutes remaining. Have not heard the word "cayman" yet.
There was lots of Bimmer mention too, but yeah, I'm just as sick of all this NASCAR hoopla already (sure they're difficult to drive.......putting too much horsepower in a car that really can't handle it is always going to find that only a small group of people who can 'drive' it.).

The Continental race was good racing though, although I only caught the last half - thx to my fellow forum members reminding me!

·
Registered
528 Posts
We watched the whole race.

They mentioned all the new teams this year. Then started naming them off though the show. Well low and behold, they did not say the name Cayman the whole show! Not once, not even when one crashed did it get any air time. I think if the Stanton car was not crashed into, they would have been near the top. ( I wonder if they would have gotten air time then? )

Very sad on Speed channels part!

Now when we did get to see them, it looked like the caymans where a little unplanned, and they definitely need a little more work on the stability. They where getting a little loose in corners compared to all the other cars on the track. I am sure it is going to take a few races to get the cars sorted out. A lot of the other teams have had years working on their platform...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts