501 - 518 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice snails.

·
Registered
59 Posts
see i hybernate from this forum for about year come back today to be nosey and see this kind of ****ery going on :hilarious:

well, well well twins!!!

Diver, I have been meaning to ask around but are you running the factory valves? if not what are you running for intake and exhaust valves, any coatings?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 · (Edited)
To much loco weed I guess! LOL Factory valves. No super high tech coatings. I discussed coatings with Vison and they didn't recommend doing it so I followed their advice.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Headers coming along. Fitting all of the stuff in the available space is a challenge.

Attachments

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Still need the waste gates but it's getting closer to making some noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,480 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Diver, is it safe to assume that insulating the exhaust down pipes to the turbos are in the plans? Otherwise I'd be concerned about the close proximity to aluminum pieces and suspension bushings.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Diver, is it safe to assume that insulating the exhaust down pipes to the turbos are in the plans? Otherwise I'd be concerned about the close proximity to aluminum pieces and suspension bushings.
Yes indeed the pipes will be insulated. No mufflers but we will be doing an add on from the V bands back with mufflers to enable running at noise restricted tracks. Here is a final pic of the evolution from a stock TPC system to a custom twin turbo with air to air intercooler.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
That beast is going to howl as it idles with no muffler. So cool. Very nice looking setup. Hopefully repeatable for others with less means to innovate looking for off-the-shelf solutions to the cayman/boxster hp shortfall. Thanks for sharing the journey

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
The standard TPC turbo kit is a great solution for street or DE use. There where many lessons learned from the evolution of this engine a some of them would reduce cost on another build but there are no jigs to build the plumbing so I'm afraid it would still be quite expensive to duplicate this setup

501 - 518 of 518 Posts