Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've searched pretty extensively for info on Bilstein HDs but didn't find what I'm looking for. I did note that a couple of members have installed HDs, though.

Specifically, I'm looking for experience from members who have installed Bilstein HDs with stock, non-PASM springs. Basically, what change did the HDs alone make? Specifically with respect to ride comfort. (I'm one of the odd guys out here - I don't want better cornering, it's already fabulous:); I want the best ride).

My Cayman ('08 base, non-PASM) rides nicely on decent roads, but worn expansion joints and other large holes in the road can really cause a hard shock (and occassionally a bang) when I hit them. For limited use I can live with it, but had a good experience with HDs in another car and am wondering if they can improve ride comfort in the Cayman, too.

TIA,
Gris

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I have Bilstein HD in my 05 boxster S 19" wheels, non PASM. The ride a little more jiggly on rough roads, but on smooth roads the steering is more responsive, less body lean, less brake dive and less scraping over speed bumps and driveways. Glad I did this. Slightly less comfortable but more responsive.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Consider if available Koni FSD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, guys! Sounds like the HDs may not be the ticket, I'll look into the Konis.

Gris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts