Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of searching and waiting for my BMW 335 lease to end, I was able to find a new 2009 Cayman S with the options I was looking for (PDK, Sports Chrono Plus, Xenon lights, full leather). This car is a completely different animal from my 335 and a total joy to have as my DD. My wife was a little reticent at first since we are expecting our first child in 3 months. When she asked how everyone was going to fit in the CS, I pointed to the roof and said, "Hope it's not too windy for you up there." :hilarious: That's the sweet part of this story.

The bitter part comes from my relationship with the dealer in Southern California where I got the car. I consider myself a very easy-going guy, but can not tolerate being lied to and then having my emails and voicemails intentionally ignored. I'll spare you the details, but PCNA will be receiving a letter outlining the unbelievably poor post-purchase service I received.:wall:

I look forward to meeting people here and driving my new car.

Michael

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Congrats, the car looks nice and clean. Sorry to hear about the dealer treatment your received. Not all of them are like that. Hopefully you live in an area with other dealers close by that are more deserving of your service business going forward.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at your dealership. I have had nothing but good experiences at mine (knock on wood).

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Not ALL dealers are created equal......hopefully someone locally will deserve your hard earned dollars........

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on the car. Love the white. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your story at the dealership. It may persuade some future buyers to avoid the bad one and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The dealer is located in Woodland Hills. To make a long story short, I got the car Dec 20th, and drove it back to AZ since my local dealer didn't have a 2009 CS. Part of the initial lease payment was for title and registration for AZ which was supposed to be mailed to me a couple of weeks later. 4 weeks go by and I was still waiting for my tags so I could drive the car legally. Meanwhile, I receive a statement for the next months payment for my car that I could not drive and had been in the garage the whole time. I call up my salesman who apologizes and stated that they forgot to send in all the paperwork for the registration. It would be a couple of more weeks without being to drive it while I wait for the tags. As a goodwill gesture, he offers to refund part of the first months lease. Several weeks go by, no further emails, no check, nothing. I sent another email followed up with 2 phone calls inquiring about the status of the registration; all not returned. I did finally get my registration on Feb 15, almost 8 weeks after signing the paperwork. Would I recommend a Porsche to my friends/colleagues? Absolutely. Would I recommend this dealer? Unequivocally, no. Honestly, I could care less about the money. It's the lack of integrity from a dealer representing Porsche and then to be completely ignored that has me bitter. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow. Essentially, you got cheated out of 2 months of lease. I would rave and rant for them to pay you for those 2 months. You shouldn't have to eat the cost of their sloppy work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You are in SoCal. There are plenty of other dealers. Find another and ignore this one. Any dealer will be happy to get your warranty and maintainence business. Call them and explain that you are unhappy with your current dealer and if they give you good service your next PCar will come form them.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Congratulations, the car looks great and the good news is that you do not have to deal with that Dealer again. Enjoy, that great car!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I just looked up that dealer and it says that its a Premier Dealer is that correct.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations on a great looking CS.
I see that you live in AZ... you can put that dealer relationship behind you and deal with a local dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Yes, greycroc, that is what there website states. Not sure how a dealer gets that title.

Now on to enjoying the car. :banana:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I had a deal that makes yours look like like a walk in the park on a warm day in June. I can't discuss that dealership or deal. However, I can say that Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati, where I purchased my replacement, did an outstanding job. They spent a lot of time and effort helping me with a car they hadn't sold to me or made a cent. I paid more for the replacement but it was worth way, way more for the service I get from the entire staff at Porsche of the Village.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
To me this lease business is all so complicated for a sports car. It's much easier just to buy the car outright and enjoy it without any strings attached. Anyhow congrats on a beautiful purchase or should I say lease...

·
Northeast Caymans
478 Posts
After months of searching and waiting for my BMW 335 lease to end, I was able to find a new 2009 Cayman S with the options I was looking for (PDK, Sports Chrono Plus, Xenon lights, full leather). This car is a completely different animal from my 335 and a total joy to have as my DD. My wife was a little reticent at first since we are expecting our first child in 3 months. When she asked how everyone was going to fit in the CS, I pointed to the roof and said, "Hope it's not too windy for you up there." :hilarious: That's the sweet part of this story.

The bitter part comes from my relationship with the dealer in Southern California where I got the car. I consider myself a very easy-going guy, but can not tolerate being lied to and then having my emails and voicemails intentionally ignored. I'll spare you the details, but PCNA will be receiving a letter outlining the unbelievably poor post-purchase service I received.:wall:

I look forward to meeting people here and driving my new car.

Michael
I hear ya. Buying cars is one of the most undesirable things you can do! Their entire motive from the second you meet them is to take as much of your money as they can. Most (not all) lack integrity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts