Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how this plastic piece is held in place? Mine seems to have been pushed in probably when the installer was installing the PPF.. I see some small slots which look to be where some tips or tabs would go into.
How do you access this so I can push it forward into the slots?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone tell me how this plastic piece is held in place? Mine seems to have been pushed in probably when the installer was installing the PPF.. I see some small slots which look to be where some tips or tabs would go into.
How do you access this so I can push it forward into the slots?
Wow!!! Not a single reply??? Does anyone know about this?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wow!!! Not a single reply??? Does anyone know about this?
All of the vent trim up front snaps in from the back of the bumper as far as I recall JC, which unfortunately means the front bumper needs to removed. I haven't done it myself yet, but I hear its really not as bad as it sounds. I'm not sure how that center plug could be detached unless someone pressed in hard on it to dislodge it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ICNU,
Thanks for the reply and info, that's kinda what I thought!!! I have an idea that might work without taking the bumper off gonna check it out. I am thinking maybe when I had the PPF installed the installer must have pushed on it or leaned into it????

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That part is below the big chunk of foam that is behind the bumper portion above, so maybe there is some alternative way to get in from the bottom possibly? It will be interesting to see what you can come up with. Good luck!

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
208 Posts
Please post if you come up with an alternative to removing the bumper. Mine is pushed in a bit as well, but don't want to go through the hassle of removing the bumper.
Four years ago I installed a CSF aluminum center radiator and removed the front bumper as one piece and can confirm that the original grill and the new duct does snap in. The parts book shows the front spoiler (part #14) as a separate piece, so you might see if it is removable without taking off the complete bumper.
Jim
Organism Automotive lighting Line Font Automotive design

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys today I got under my car and attempted to reattach the center black duck. As luck would have it I was able to get it back into place but, it's not the way I thought it would be. So there are 7 screws that hold the #14 front spoiler on, after removing them I still was not able to get it off. I was able to get my hand one at a time on either side slid behind the center duct and push it forward enough to snap it on.
It doesn't attach as I thought it would, it's kind of tricky and different from the way you would think it is by looking at it.
Looking at it it seems that there would be small tabs that slide into the slots but, no it doesn't attach that way.
There is a channel or groove that goes around the whole duct and the tabs are all the way in the back so you have to push it in from behind far enough to snap it into place!!!

Hope this helps someone one day.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
OK, so if I'm understanding correctly, loosen up part #14 by removing 7 screws. Then squeeze a hand in past part #14 because it doesn't just come off after removing the 7 screws, and push on the back of the center duct and it will snap back into place?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts