Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up in my home office I came across these black vinyl sticker things designed to cover the airbags warnings on your sun visors to make for a clean look. I no longer have a black interior.;)

Anyone interested in sending me a self addressed legal envelope with a stamp? I will pick up extra postage if needed. Merry Caymanismas.

I know that some have used acetone or something to remove. These are stickers. They say CALON ARLON on the back for you adhesive/decal/sticker experts.

PM me.

·
Captain Cautious
124 Posts
Cleaning up in my home office I came across these black vinyl sticker things designed to cover the airbags warnings on your sun visors to make for a clean look. I no longer have a black interior.;)

Anyone interested in sending me a self addressed legal envelope with a stamp? I will pick up extra postage if needed. Merry Caymanismas.

I know that some have used acetone or something to remove. These are stickers. They say CALON ARLON on the back for you adhesive/decal/sticker experts.

PM me.
PM sent... :dance:

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sweet!

Do these count as a "mod"?

Thanks, Dave :cheers:
From your photo I cannot tell that the airbag warning label is covered with a black sticker, it is that good! Does it look that nice in person? Also, do you have any comments, favorable or not, on the installation of the stickers? I really like the clean appearance this lends to the visors.

By the way, nice modification. :)

·
Captain Cautious
124 Posts
From your photo I cannot tell that the airbag warning label is covered with a black sticker, it is that good! Does it look that nice in person? Also, do you have any comments, favorable or not, on the installation of the stickers? I really like the clean appearance this lends to the visors.

By the way, nice modification. :)
In my opinion they look just like the pictures in person. Since you're usually not looking up there... unless some hideous yellow stickers are attracting your attention... they just blend in with the black everything else.

Installation was a bit trickier than just "peel and stick."

You do peel them off a backing card, but then you wet them with a spray bottle like a decal... this allows some sliding around, removing of bubbles, etc. then they dry in place. The difficult part was that the ones that go over the mirror cover are bigger than they need to be, and require trimming. I managed to do it with them in place and without drama... but if I did it again I would think of a way to trim them first.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
317 Posts

PM me.
Given Wolfie's clean installation and feedback, I am interested in these "stickers." Do you have any more left? If not, do you recall where you purchased them? Thanks.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Given Wolfie's clean installation and feedback, I am interested in these "stickers." Do you have any more left? If not, do you recall where you purchased them? Thanks.
I found them on eBay. there was an instruction sheet in the envelope, but I think it just had the guy's first name on it. LOL.

A quick check indicates that Wolfie is in possession of THE LAST SET ON EARTH. :eek:

There is a post on a Boxster forum from 2001...that is it. More Binging required.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
317 Posts
I found them on eBay. there was an instruction sheet in the envelope, but I think it just had the guy's first name on it. LOL.

A quick check indicates that Wolfie is in possession of THE LAST SET ON EARTH. :eek:

There is a post on a Boxster forum from 2001...that is it. More Binging required.
Thanks. I guess I should keep my eyes peeled for them on eBay.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
I did mine over the mirrors....they LOOKED great for about a year....now they have bubbled up and look real bad....

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Custom interior visor sticker cover-ups

My son has started a small business (Kellen Frostholm Designs) and will soon have a website up to offer these in various colors.... ie Red on Black, Black on Yellow, Silver on Black etc...

Custom signage on them as well if you like... Bob's 997, Jack & Jill, whatever you want...

Price will be $29 which includes postage to US destinations. Add $5 for rest of world destinations

PM me for photos and order details.... These are decals like those uses on car exteriors... able to withstand interior heat and cold. Simple to install... just peal and stick.

Fits 996, 997, Cayman and Boxster.

Ken, K-man S, has a prototype set with Yellow on Black.

Cheers

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts