Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a source for a quality Black/Silver hood badge for a 981? GT-Silver paint, turbo wheels with no color caps, black interior - looking to maintain the monochrome look on a potential BGTS purchase. I saw a good example on one of our PCA member cars - a 997 black turbo w/black leather and carbon fiber - and it looked great. I've searched the forum and the web with no luck - the only option seems to include some red.

Any ideas? (Yes, there will be those that consider this kind of mod a sin and I'll never win a concurs, so please spare me...okay?)

TIA

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Lots of positive feedback about this guy's work on Rennlist (although he sometimes goes "walkabout" for a few weeks and is hard to get hold of; always delivers, though). SUMMER SPECIAL - Silver Cerakote and Black Refinished Crests + a GREAT GIVEAWAY!! - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Here's a link to some examples (he will do pretty much any color you want):
Refinished Porsche Hood Crests Photos by jtyurg | Photobucket

Eventually I'll get around to going monochrome on my GTS...in my case I'll need to do something custom for the wheel centres as well (the CLs are different than other OEM caps, and Porsche only sells the colored ones for CLs). Also would need to change out the crest on the airbag.

LOL...no grief from me on modifying the colored Porsche crests. I think the crest itself was WAY outdated by the '70s and should be retired. Going black and silver at least tones it down to "acceptably ugly."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts