Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Black Widow: My New to Me 987 Boxster Spyder

Picked this up several weeks ago and enjoying every minute of it. It’s a six speed with Carbon buckets, Nav, A/C,*Sport Chrono and PSE. Had a 997.2 PDK Cabriolet and a six speed 987 Cayman S track car that I ended up selling to get a 2009 gated six speed R8.

While the R8 was a great car, I barely drove it and never felt comfortable in it. The V8 and AWD gave a false sense of confidence whenever it was driven hard. Woke up and realized I was more of a convertible guy, and this Spyder fit the bill perfectly. Been lusting after this car since 2010 when they announced it. Now it’s mine.

Wasn’t feeling the silver “Porsche” racing stripes on the sides and the rear black “Boxster Spyder” emblems and had them removed. I had the guys at Vinyl Junkies at Promax Motorsports here in SoCal install a red center racing stripe along with “Spyder” and “Porsche” on the side door and rear trunk in gloss white instead. Turned out amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also bought a Raid/Atiwe 340mm steering wheel and shift boot from a fellow forum member and had it rewrapped in gray ultra-suede with red stitching and red center ring. Had the airbag cover repainted in grayish black for a two-tone look with the shifter. This roadster is a blast to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will probably get the silver accents painted satin black but that’s about it for cosmetics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts