Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm organizing a get-together for Bay Area Planet9'ers on January 4th at the Blackhawk Cars and Coffee (Blackhawk Automotive Museum).

For those that are not familiar with this Cars and Coffee event, it is held on the first Sunday of every month. Here is a link to their website:

Cars & Coffee

The idea at this point would be to meet-up early enough to reserve a prime spot in the lot, to line up the Caymans and Boxsters for display. Then perhaps a short ride afterwards for those that do not have further plans for that afternoon.

More details as we get closer, and as I figure out how many people are interested.

So far:

• myself
  • mcomet
  • napatom
  • Richman
  • doborder
  • orthojoe
  • D&D (maybe)
  • Noobies (maybe)
  • ciopky987s (maybe)
  • Green Pro Am (maybe)
  • edwin814 (maybe)
  • Chulander (?)
  • eddieso (?)
  • spyder560 (?)
  • char1982 (?)
  • visualguy (?)
  • btwyx (?)
  • Cali2121 (?)

Reactions: mcomet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I have not seen the museum, I am interested. Keep us posted.
Good idea, napatom, maybe we can do a group museum tour in between the C&C and the drive afterwards. I will look into group discounts.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
C&C is bigger (ok gigantic) in the summer but I bet even this has a big turnout. I've been to the museum but could go again and could try to bring some extra tickets I have in case people don't get them on the way in. (If you get to C&C early enough they are usually handing out 2 free passes to each car) We should plan to meet down the road somewhere so that we can arrive and thus park together..but I'd say still arriving at even -before- 8 as it usually is near or at full capacity even by opening time.

I've also been mulling a Hwy 1 drive but I need to scout it out first before planning.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If no rain, I'll join you guys. Last time I was there at 7:30am the lot was filled already. If we have more than three people going, I would have someone volunteer to show up early like 6:00am to reserve spots. Not it!!!

Reactions: mcomet

·
Registered
747 Posts
Blackhawk is a great museum Ive been there twice. Defiantly worthwhile, beautiful place. Sorry i cant make it, its 6 hours from santa barbara to far for a day trip. carl

·
Registered
148 Posts
I rarely go to the Blackhawk museum C&C because it's too far, too early, and the lot fills up really quick. But I'll join you guys if I don't have to work that morning...year end, stressful time for a corporate accountant :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can go, but doborder is right that you'll need to get there AT LEAST by 6am if you want a good spot. I doubt they will let you hold a whole bunch of spaces.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yep.. interested, but need to clear with family plans. Would be coming from Calaveras County so would have to start down the "hill" pretty early to get a spot, right?

Regards.
Don

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can go, but doborder is right that you'll need to get there AT LEAST by 6am if you want a good spot. I doubt they will let you hold a whole bunch of spaces.
Yep, it's true. We're going to have to shoot for 6am.
At least it's during the winter, and thus we might a better chance at securing a prime location.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just gonna say...I think 6 is way too early and not needed. It does get full before 8 tho. I would bet if we arrived at 7:30 it'd be fine. Also I think they sometimes do hold spots...but let me ask. I know one of the people who run it, I can find out.

·
Noob
857 Posts
Damn 6am, I go to work at 11am weekdays and wake up at noon on weekends :sleep:
As much as I like my car, I will be all grumpy and pissed at it at 6am lol.

Reactions: Richman

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just gonna say...I think 6 is way too early and not needed. It does get full before 8 tho. I would bet if we arrived at 7:30 it'd be fine. Also I think they sometimes do hold spots...but let me ask. I know one of the people who run it, I can find out.
If no rain, I'll join you guys. Last time I was there at 7:30am the lot was filled already. If we have more than three people going, I would have someone volunteer to show up early like 6:00am to reserve spots. Not it!!!
doborder isn't kidding. I was there with him. PACKED by 7:30.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Good news! I contacted the C&C admin and it looks like we will be able to reserve a section. However we will likely need to keep it to some # count AND definitely will need to arrive early. I am guessing closer to 7am but am finding out what they want. I'll keep you all posted. Since we are talking about January and people I know are still finalizing plans what I would like to do is to wait and get an accurate head count in a few weeks in early December. Then I can let them know and we'll have an accurate arrival time at that point too. Also for those interested the museum will be open that Sunday Jan 4 and actually opens an hour early at 9am that day.

thanks,
comet

Reactions: formisano

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is great; Thanks mcomet. Glad you have that connection with the orgainzer.

I would volunteer to be the early bird to claim the spots at whatever time is needed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts