Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Apparently you wouldn't just be getting wheels from this young company (all under age 24). "It won’t simply be a wheel company, but rather a lifestyle company." https://blkwheels.com/about-us/

Nothing in their "About Us" copy gives me the warm fuzzies. Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Same here, no warm and fuzzy feeling at all. No creds then no love from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, thanks RJ for directing me here.

I don't want to infringe on any board rules or anything so I won't do any selling, just clearing some things up. Yes, we're all young guys in the company. Young, ambitious, confident, but not arrogant. We know it's a saturated industry, and we know we don't have the 30+ years some of the other guys do. That said, we're in this to do things the right way, and to put out a product that we honestly believe competes at the highest level quality wise and aesthetically.

As for us individually, my partner has been in the wheel industry for a number of years prior to BLK and all of our machinists, engineers, and programmers have many years of experience as well. As for me, wheels is far from what introduced me to cars. Miles Maroney | American Racecar Driver

To OP: Thanks for the interest in the brand, and yes that design is heavily influenced by the 991 GT3 wheel. Porsche is a brand very close to my own heart and that was a wheel we absolutely wanted a variation of in the lineup.

Would love to answer any more questions if anyone has any, as long as I can stay within the rules here. :)

-MM

·
Registered
659 Posts
MilesM, The picture below is what comes up when I try the website link. Your post sounds credible, but if you want the flow of web traffic to your website, it's best to look into what is setting off the anti virus flags.

capture.JPG

·
Noob
843 Posts
MilesM, The picture below is what comes up when I try the website link. Your post sounds credible, but if you want the flow of web traffic to your website, it's best to look into what is setting off the anti virus flags.

View attachment 54259
McAfee is a shitty software. It also probably slowing your browsing down.
If you are using chrome, it has its own (much better) safe browsing list and you don't need other software telling what site is good or bad.
As for AV, I suggest using something like NOD32. The above seems like a false alarm and should not be used to judge the site imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 54259
Assuming this would be because of our SSL, but not sure why because it's verified. I've never had an issue or been told of issues visiting the site prior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts