Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the dumb question everyone, but does anyone know if you can get a block heater for the Cayman? I live in Calgary, and we get about 1 month of -25degree weather each year. I don't even know where you'd be able to plug the car in. I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Ken

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting.... how would that work on a mid engined car. Can you warm it up in your garage and buy one of those ducts for the exhaust and install a fan to suck it through the duct? Then always park undergroundin a heated garage during such days? Would be curious to hear what you do..

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have re-posted. I called the dealer this am; there isn't one available for the car. He seemed to feel that it wasn't necessary with the synthetic oil.

Ken

Interesting.... how would that work on a mid engined car. Can you warm it up in your garage and buy one of those ducts for the exhaust and install a fan to suck it through the duct? Then always park undergroundin a heated garage during such days? Would be curious to hear what you do..

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with your dealer. Syn oil will flow just well in -40 degree C. However, with the cold weather up in Canada, you may consider a baterry warmer. So that the battery does not have to work so hard. I bet that at -25 degree, youbatteryprobably has only 10% of the normal cranking power .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts