Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed in other threads but it has recently aggravated me again. My 09 CS is in for new fuel injectors and I was given an 09 Audi A4 as a loaner. It took about 2 minutes for me to pair my iphone with the Audi Bluetooth and all of my contacts were there. Why can't Porsche fix this? These cars are cousins and you would think they would at least share the electronics. The Audi also has a nice ipod slide out tray in the glove compartment with plug-in and it can be controlled through the Symphony sound system. This is all standard equipment according to the sticker in the glove box on a $40,000 car. I know you can't compare the ride. I had 2 Audi S4's and the Porsche is superior in handling. But come on. For the price this car has Xenons, leather, moon roof, Bluetooth, Sat radio, ipod connection, memory seats, 3 zone climate control, heated seats, quattro, etc., etc. Maybe the VW influence will improve some of these issues.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I know this has been discussed in other threads but it has recently aggravated me again. My 09 CS is in for new fuel injectors and I was given an 09 Audi A4 as a loaner. It took about 2 minutes for me to pair my iphone with the Audi Bluetooth and all of my contacts were there. Why can't Porsche fix this? These cars are cousins and you would think they would at least share the electronics. The Audi also has a nice ipod slide out tray in the glove compartment with plug-in and it can be controlled through the Symphony sound system. This is all standard equipment according to the sticker in the glove box on a $40,000 car. I know you can't compare the ride. I had 2 Audi S4's and the Porsche is superior in handling. But come on. For the price this car has Xenons, leather, moon roof, Bluetooth, Sat radio, ipod connection, memory seats, 3 zone climate control, heated seats, quattro, etc., etc. Maybe the VW influence will improve some of these issues.
Yea. It will probably force Porsche's hand. Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry a little confused. Are you lamenting the items as non-standard equipment or that the ipod/bluetooth integration in the '09 CS is not very good?

I have both in my '09 CS and the integration is very good. My (very large) iphone phonebook is fully transferred and the bluetooth connection also took 2 seconds. What have I missed?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry guys. I went through the same thing in the final phase of picking my car. I was down to a stripper or the car I bought. I'm a gadget freak and anything less than full integration would have made me unhappy (too).

FWIW, I have seen Suncoast is offering a retrofit kit :)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have bluetooth + UAI/Ipod with PCM and works like a charm.

As soon as I sit into the car the bluetooth hooks up and all my contacts are shown.

Interesting thing is... tell us the fuel injectors story?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry guys. I went through the same thing in the final phase of picking my car. I was down to a stripper or the car I bought. I'm a gadget freak and anything less than full integration would have made me unhappy (too).

FWIW, I have seen Suncoast is offering a retrofit kit :)
I gotta admit...I'd a gone with the stripper

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting thing is... tell us the fuel injectors story?
When I brought my 09 CS in to have winter tires and wheels installed my service adviser told me they were ordering fuel injectors as they needed to be replaced per Porsche. This is a "recall" that only affects a very limited number of Caymans and 911's. The car has been in for 2 1/2 days. I am supposed to pick it up this afternoon. As far as the Bluetooth goes, I have the CDR-30 and "hands free" phone without the PCM 3.0. I have an iphone whose phone book does not appear. I am able to receive calls and once I dial from the phone the "hands free" function works. I also have my iphone plugged into the aux jack for music and need to use the ipod to control the music.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I brought my 09 CS in to have winter tires and wheels installed my service adviser told me they were ordering fuel injectors as they needed to be replaced per Porsche. This is a "recall" that only affects a very limited number of Caymans and 911's. The car has been in for 2 1/2 days. I am supposed to pick it up this afternoon. As far as the Bluetooth goes, I have the CDR-30 and "hands free" phone without the PCM 3.0. I have an iphone whose phone book does not appear. I am able to receive calls and once I dial from the phone the "hands free" function works. I also have my iphone plugged into the aux jack for music and need to use the ipod to control the music.
The aux jack on the standard CDR30 is a complete and utter
piece of ****. Music playing through that is horrible. I'd say
it's a complete junk, but I do use it to listen to NPR podcasts,
so it's not a complete waste.

Related, will the CDR30 play AAC files? Before I go burning my
DRM free ITunes collection...

·
Registered
41 Posts
The aux jack on the standard CDR30 is a complete and utter
piece of ****. Music playing through that is horrible. I'd say
it's a complete junk, but I do use it to listen to NPR podcasts,