Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I see we've got wiring diagrams for the 987.1 up on the files section (which is AWESOME).

Can anybody confirm what the major differences are between the .1 and .2 cars, with respect to the body and accessory harnesses?

I know the engine harness is going to be different... but stuff (in particular) like the wipers? Same pinouts, wiring, etc. or different between the two generations?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Differences that I've found so far: ABS/PSM module and pinouts are different, different accelerometer on the tunnel, A/C control is different. Cluster has a few pinout changes for the oil measurement. Fuel pump wiring is different as the 987.2 is variable speed. However the 9A1 will run with the 987.1 pump just fine, but will show an error for no communication. Not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but I'd recommend buying the 987.2 wiring diagram you can compare directly

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had luck here.

Search - Bonanza[catalog_id]=&q[country_to_filter]=US&q[filter_category_id]=&q[in_booth_id]=&q[ship_country]=1&q[shipping_in_price]=0&q[sort_by]=relevancy&q[suggestion_found]=&q[translate_term]=true&q[search_term]=987 fsm

The wiring diagrams should be included in the FSM. Once I got a copy where they were missing, but when I contacted the seller, they sent them right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.